TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Angle dimensioning
Read 2969 times
* May 26, 2013, 04:27:46 PM
Hi Members
I recently acquired Deluxe 20 and am having trouble dimensioning a angle. This is a 2d layout of a house lot. The bottom run of the lot is 9.04 m at a angle of 16 degrees 32 minutes 30 seconds. The problem is when I use the angular dimensioning tool on the line it tells me it is 16 degrees 32 minutes and 32 seconds. If I look at selection information it gives me the right angle. I have redone this several times and change precision settings on the tool, but no change. Advise Please.
Vern

* May 26, 2013, 08:37:27 PM
The tool works fine in my installation. Hard to tell what your problem is without seeing the drawing. Can you post it?

Henry H

* May 27, 2013, 04:09:34 AM
I get difference what is displayed in model space doesn't necessary display the same in the Selection Palette as the same in both places.Included in attachment. ???

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* May 27, 2013, 11:30:41 AM
Hi Henry
The highlighted line is the one I plotted from the lower point, at the 16°32'30" as shows in the info section. The dimensioning tool gives the 16°32'32" answer when used. Two second is not much but I thought they should be the same. When I used the angular measuring tool I got a different answer. This drawing was made on V14 and I just recently got a new computer with a touch screen and had to upgrade to V20. Don't know if that is reverent or not

* May 27, 2013, 12:07:53 PM
Hi Henry
The highlighted line is the one I plotted from the lower point, at the 16°32'30" as shows in the info section. The dimensioning tool gives the 16°32'32" answer when used. Two second is not much but I thought they should be the same. When I used the angular measuring tool I got a different answer. This drawing was made on V14 and I just recently got a new computer with a touch screen and had to upgrade to V20. Don't know if that is reverent or not

They should be the same, provided your Precision is set high enough. Can you post the .tcw file?

Henry H

* May 27, 2013, 09:07:51 PM
Hi Members
I recently acquired Deluxe 20 and am having trouble dimensioning a angle. This is a 2d layout of a house lot. The bottom run of the lot is 9.04 m at a angle of 16 degrees 32 minutes 30 seconds. The problem is when I use the angular dimensioning tool on the line it tells me it is 16 degrees 32 minutes and 32 seconds. If I look at selection information it gives me the right angle. I have redone this several times and change precision settings on the tool, but no change. Advise Please.
Vern

1. Go to Drawing Setup>Space Options and set precision to 10.
2. Next Dimensions>Angular - Properties>Units Tolerance set precision to 10 and Round Off to 0.01.
Hopefully that should work for you.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* May 28, 2013, 02:10:42 PM
Thanks Don
Attached are the results I got. I set the precision in the two places you suggested, then made a horizontal line and attached the highlighted line to it at 16°32'30 as shown in the selection information box. Then using the angular dimensioning tool with round off set as noted on the attached image, you will see I have to have the round off at .00001 get a result even close to the plotted angle. How the seconds can vary as much as shown on the image seems to me to be wrong. There does not seem to  be a way to get the proper result. Hopefully I am doing something wrong and someone can steer me right.
Vern

* May 28, 2013, 03:51:38 PM
Thanks Don
Attached are the results I got. I set the precision in the two places you suggested, then made a horizontal line and attached the highlighted line to it at 16°32'30 as shown in the selection information box. Then using the angular dimensioning tool with round off set as noted on the attached image, you will see I have to have the round off at .00001 get a result even close to the plotted angle. How the seconds can vary as much as shown on the image seems to me to be wrong. There does not seem to  be a way to get the proper result. Hopefully I am doing something wrong and someone can steer me right.
Vern
Can you post your file.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* May 28, 2013, 05:29:16 PM
Thanks Don
Vern

Hi Vern, I have seen this before
> Set “round off” to “0”

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* May 30, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestion fellows, but nothing seemed to help. I finally went back from version 28 to version 22 in my backups until I found one that would dimension correctly. I think something must have gone wrong in my drawing somehow. Now is to make all the changes over again.
Vern