TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Rotating a spline.
Read 1955 times
* October 10, 2009, 11:31:08 AM
I'd like to turn a spline slightly.

I've moved the center to the one end that I  want fixed. Now using the rotation handle rotates it OK but I cannot zoom in close enough to pick the point that I want for completion (the rotation handle is off the screen)

The only way I can figure out is to use the rotation field and enter values until I get where I want to.

Is there another way?

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* October 10, 2009, 11:57:04 AM
You could try using the Rotate Selected Entities tool. It allows you to select an anchor point and source point.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:48:34 AM by GregT »

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* October 10, 2009, 03:53:49 PM
You can relocate the rotation handle to any point in the drawing, by clicking on it while pressing ctrl, including placing it on the point you want to move.  The scale of the rotation, the "leverage ratio" of the rotation is raised (ie more handle movement, finer rotation) by moving  further away from the selector reference point.  Set up a second window at maximum scale to observe the result at the point you want it.  You can visually adjust the rotation with the point very finely with the destination point and rotation handle in different windows at different zoom and rotation factors.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:24:38 PM by murray dickinson »

* October 11, 2009, 12:54:49 AM
I'd like to turn a spline slightly.

I've moved the center to the one end that I  want fixed. Now using the rotation handle rotates it OK but I cannot zoom in close enough to pick the point that I want for completion (the rotation handle is off the screen)

The only way I can figure out is to use the rotation field and enter values until I get where I want to.

Is there another way?

Ed
It sounds like you want to rotate by a precise amount so as to line up with something else. If that is the case, then this post may help.
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,1030.msg5575.html#msg5575

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5