TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Slowing down play back..
Read 2730 times
March 14, 2013, 12:51:36 PM
I've created an animation, but it's playing back faster than I'd like (moving objects are moving too fast).  What's the best way to edit the speed of a AL video clip.  I like the "MontageCenter" where you can save your video as a MCP file, but I still can't seem to slow down my playback.  Windows Media Player allows you to slow down your video, but not save it (as far as I know).

Maybe I'm attacking this the wrong way.. Would more frames create a slower playback?

March 14, 2013, 01:06:38 PM
I've created an animation, but it's playing back faster than I'd like (moving objects are moving too fast).  What's the best way to edit the speed of a AL video clip.  I like the "MontageCenter" where you can save your video as a MCP file, but I still can't seem to slow down my playback.  Windows Media Player allows you to slow down your video, but not save it (as far as I know).

Maybe I'm attacking this the wrong way.. Would more frames create a slower playback?

Hi,

if you want to slow down playback then reduce the frame rate/second under Options/Movie.
Record more total frames if the movie is too jerky.
It's a balance between playback speed and playback smoothness.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

March 14, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
Thanks Tim.. That does help.

March 15, 2013, 09:39:31 AM
If you already have a video that you don't want to redo, you can try duplicating every frame. This will slow it down by 1/2. Sometimes you can get away with 8 fps for internet video. This is pretty jerky, but gives you the idea of motion. By decreasing frame size you can create a smoother video at a smaller file size. A short AVI can easily be .5 gig.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.