TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Off topic - PDF file attributes
Read 2931 times
* October 08, 2009, 06:28:27 AM
I use PDF 995 to generate pdf files from TurboCad (and other programs).  I also use PDF Edit 995 to combine/reorder the pdfs to make manuals for our equipment.

I recently had a hard drive crash; I use Carbonite backup, so after installing Windows XP home SP3 on a new hard drive, I was able to recover my data files.  So far, so good.

Since reinstalling Carbonite, newly generated pdf files will not back up (Old ones continue to back up).  Looking under properties/carbonite shows they are not backing up because they are "temporary and system files".  I downloaded a small utility that allows me to see and change the files attributes.  By unchecking the "temporary" attribute box and saving, I can get the file to back up.  This is not a great solution; what I need is for the files to save without the temporary tag in the first place.

When I installed windows, I downloaded Acrobat reader 9.1.  I had been using Acrobat 6 or 7, so I uninstalled 9.1 and reinstalled 6; no effect.  I have looked for some setting that I can alter but so far I haven't had any luck.

Does anyone have any insight into how I might correct this?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JoeM

* October 08, 2009, 07:07:53 AM
Does it happen with all PDFs created with pdf995, or only those generated from TCAD?
If the former then it would appear to be a pdf995 setting, and if you can't find it, try another PDF writer - my favourite is PrimoPDF.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* October 08, 2009, 08:11:57 AM
Does it happen with all PDFs created with pdf995, or only those generated from TCAD?
If the former then it would appear to be a pdf995 setting, and if you can't find it, try another PDF writer - my favourite is PrimoPDF.

Lemel Man,

Thanks for your response.  It is not a problem with TurboCad specifically, but with any documents printed to .pdf.  I was able to correct it by downloading the newest version of pdf995 and reinstalling.  I didn't want to change because of the pdf editing capabilities that it includes, which are also free.

Thanks again,

JoeM

PS - Does anyone remember which free pdf printer also was able to print to a wide variety of raster formats?  I had this installed before my hard drive crashed and it was very useful, but I can't remember the name.  I probably heard about it on the old forum - is that information still searchable?

* October 08, 2009, 08:36:48 AM
re: Does anyone remember which free pdf printer also was able to print to a wide variety of raster formats?

Maybe Ghostscript, Ghostview?

re: I probably heard about it on the old forum - is that information still searchable?

I believe the old forum crashed one time too many and is history.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 09, 2009, 08:13:59 AM
Thanks, John.  I will check these out.

JoeM