TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Camera movement controls
Read 1730 times
* October 07, 2009, 06:00:42 PM
Someplace I'm sure I've figured this out before, but I can't find anything now.  Is there a place to set parameters for how much the camera moves when one does a camera turn down or other standard camera movement?  I just want to do some simple wireframes, but from something other than the standard view angle ... a little higher, camera a little down, etc.  The current default adjustments are too much.

TCP15

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15

* October 07, 2009, 06:22:30 PM
View|Camera|Properties|Camera|Scroll Speed. No numerical controls; it's just an uncalibrated slider.

Henry H

* October 07, 2009, 06:24:59 PM
Ctrl+Alt+C will open the Camera Properties dialog. If you use Perspective, you can specify your Position and the object's position as Target Point and use 0,0,1 in the UP Vector. I find it a lot easier to just turn on Perspective, then drag the mouse wheel to orbit or with the Ctrl  &/or Shift keys to Zoom, Pan or Roll. They're a bit more responsive than the Walk Though tools.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 07, 2009, 06:28:07 PM
FWIW,

I use the 'Walk through tools' to adjust the camera.

Don

* October 07, 2009, 06:40:09 PM
Looked right at it and didn't see it!  ???

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15