TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Custom views
Read 1924 times
* October 06, 2009, 10:54:47 AM
I want to create different views with only certain layers enabled.   How do I do this? 

I want to disassemble this into custom views having each shelf as a separate view in isometric front, front, and side.

* October 06, 2009, 11:39:09 AM
I'd use Viewports in Paper Space. Layer visibility can be set independently for each Viewport.

Henry H

* October 06, 2009, 11:42:53 AM
Thanks.

How can I get the dimensions to show up properly on a side view?  The center support has 1/2" x 1/2"x 10" blocks on each side to help support it.   It is centered 5" in along the Z-plane 20"

I can't figure out how to rotate the workspace to be able to get the dimensions

* October 06, 2009, 12:51:09 PM
Thanks.

How can I get the dimensions to show up properly on a side view?  The center support has 1/2" x 1/2"x 10" blocks on each side to help support it.   It is centered 5" in along the Z-plane 20"

I can't figure out how to rotate the workspace to be able to get the dimensions

One way: Create a new "Workplane by 3 Points" by snapping to three vertices on the side of the object, then dimension the object in that WP.

Henry H

* October 06, 2009, 02:11:25 PM
Any other tricks worth knowing?   I need to print layered plans for the company that will build it.   I want to give them the saved file.