TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

How to specify the relative angle between two lines
Read 2614 times
* October 05, 2009, 03:22:17 PM
This must be simple -- it must come up all the time.

If I have a line A, and I want to place a second line sharing one end as an origin at X degrees, how do I specify that angle?

So far, all the techniques I've tried -- insert line, polyline, rectangle ... all require me to know the Absolute angle of the first line, and then work out the match for where the second line ends up. I can't help but think there must be a more intuitive way to insert a line, only specifying the angle between the lines.

Thanks!
Mark

TCW Pro 14.2
TC Deluxe 16.2 Build 53.2

* October 05, 2009, 04:08:29 PM
select|edit|copy radial, endpoint as centre of circle, tab into inspector bar boxes, declare 2 copies, declare the angle.

* October 05, 2009, 06:16:42 PM
select|edit|copy radial, endpoint as centre of circle, tab into inspector bar boxes, declare 2 copies, declare the angle.

That's slick, Murray. Another way is to use the Calculator Palette (F2) to calculate the angle of the new line, but I like your method better.

Henry H

* October 05, 2009, 11:18:26 PM
Thanks Henry.  Another non-calculator way is to activate "make copy" in right-click, or instead copy in place, put the selector on the base vertex and pick up the x axis handle to rotate about z, tab into inspector bar z box and enter the angle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:24:04 PM by murray dickinson »