TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

How to specify the relative angle between two lines
Read 2563 times
* October 05, 2009, 03:22:17 PM
This must be simple -- it must come up all the time.

If I have a line A, and I want to place a second line sharing one end as an origin at X degrees, how do I specify that angle?

So far, all the techniques I've tried -- insert line, polyline, rectangle ... all require me to know the Absolute angle of the first line, and then work out the match for where the second line ends up. I can't help but think there must be a more intuitive way to insert a line, only specifying the angle between the lines.

Thanks!
Mark

TCW Pro 14.2
TC Deluxe 16.2 Build 53.2

* October 05, 2009, 04:08:29 PM
select|edit|copy radial, endpoint as centre of circle, tab into inspector bar boxes, declare 2 copies, declare the angle.

* October 05, 2009, 06:16:42 PM
select|edit|copy radial, endpoint as centre of circle, tab into inspector bar boxes, declare 2 copies, declare the angle.

That's slick, Murray. Another way is to use the Calculator Palette (F2) to calculate the angle of the new line, but I like your method better.

Henry H

* October 05, 2009, 11:18:26 PM
Thanks Henry.  Another non-calculator way is to activate "make copy" in right-click, or instead copy in place, put the selector on the base vertex and pick up the x axis handle to rotate about z, tab into inspector bar z box and enter the angle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:24:04 PM by murray dickinson »