TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Snap and boxes
Read 1633 times
* October 04, 2009, 06:01:05 PM
Can anyone tell me why when I select the box drawing tool, draw box, then try to click anywhere it just dings and doesn't do anything. If I go back to the select arrow, it disappears. I can select a line or circle or rectangle and it doesn't do it, just when I make a selection on the box drawing tool. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with snaps, but I have selected no snaps.

* October 04, 2009, 06:16:11 PM
Most likely because you're looking at it from a 2D point of view and not declaring a height.  It takes three points to define the box.  Tab through the inspector bar dimension boxes to the z box and enter a height.  Usually you'd get a "the height cannot be zero" warning, but the "don't show this warning again" box might've been checked.

* October 05, 2009, 01:06:55 PM
Thanks Murray, that was it, but how do I switch to 2D mode? I working with a CAD file, only need 2D.

* October 05, 2009, 01:17:01 PM
Just realized that all the icons in that flyout are 3D, needed to select a different tool for 2D, thanks for the responce.