TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Basic Symbols
Read 1968 times
* October 03, 2009, 05:15:30 PM
In the past, I used to get physical disks for new versions, but the last couple I have gotten electronic downloads.  In the physical set, there was a disk of symbols, but with the electronic download there seems to only be a few sample symbols.  I don't use these much, but I could use a basic bathtub and shower at the moment.  Is there a place to get the equivalent of the symbol CD?  I'm not picky ... just need something for size and general concept at the moment.  TCP15

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15

* October 04, 2009, 12:14:13 AM
You can use the Symbols CD from your previous versions, if still available.

They also have various Symbol CD's for sale here: Symbols.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 04, 2009, 11:58:04 AM
I thought of using the old one, but when I tried installing the one from 11, which must be the last one I got on CD, it complained because there was no copy of 11 already installed.

* October 04, 2009, 12:05:33 PM
Ah, but if I just put the CD in the drive, I can read it from there just fine.  Possibly not ideal for regular use, but certainly sufficient for current purposes.

It does seem, though, that I should be able to get the set for the current release via download.

* October 04, 2009, 03:47:45 PM
What I have done in the past is copy the "Symbols" folder from the CD onto a hard drive, then use "Load Folders" in the Library palette to reference the folders I want. You could pick individual folders or a main folder, such as "3D Solid Symbols", then all its sub-folder will be brought in.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit