TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Is Looping Possible in Anima Lab 5?
Read 2404 times
* January 06, 2013, 05:18:19 PM
Does anyone know how to loop (i.e. repeat) an animation sequence in Animation Lab 5 by using the script editor?  (Example:  The whole animation is 100 frames long and I'd like to repeat the whole sequence 5 times to lengthen the "movie".)  I know this can be done by copying and pasting the sequence 5 times which would make the whole thing 600 frames long, but is there an easier way by putting a "Do Loop" in the script editor to repeat the first 100 frames 5 times?

Any help on this would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance.   :)   

January 06, 2013, 05:52:58 PM
Barry...

Why do you need to do it in the script editor?

all you need to do is:

Hold down the shift key on your first keyframe and then select the next/last keyframe you want to repeat and release the shift key.
Right click to bring up the menu and select "Copy"
Then go to the next free frame and right click to bring up the menu again and select "Paste"....repeat to your hearts content!  ;D

Similar to the above:
Click on the line or if you have more than one line hold down shift and click the lines you want to repeat. release the shift key
Then right click and select copy then go to your first blank line and right click and select paste.....easy as peas  ;D

Oh, and dont forget to change the "From" and "To" obviously....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:35:45 PM by Darrel Carl Durose »

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* January 07, 2013, 07:03:17 PM
Thank you for your replies.  After working with the software some more I think you are right that copying and pasting the frames is the easiest way.  I'm actually trying to make an animation of a clock gear train that I'd like to have run through an 1 hour motion, obviosuly at an expedited pace.   So the escapement gear alone has to repeat 360 degree rotations 60 times in 6 degree increments to be realistic.  Thats 60*60 = 3600 frames minimum!  I wasn't sure that animation lab could handle that many frames so I thought that Do Loops in the script might be the easier way.

January 07, 2013, 07:06:28 PM
Glad you worked it out Barry...

Please post your video as we would all like to see it  :) Good Luck

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.