TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Off Topic - YouTube Debut
Read 4409 times
October 01, 2009, 02:54:33 PM
I have been trying new things to drum up business and thought that it might be alright if I shared this link with my TurboCAD friends. I hope to also do up some introductions to TurboCAD in the hopes of scaring up some software sales. Way too many new things for this old man to learn, but I keep trying, nonetheless.

Never used YouTube before so this is my debut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmC3gwSUJQ

I can't locate the musicians to get permission to use their music, so until I do I hope that I don't get into trouble. I will keep trying though.

* October 01, 2009, 04:42:46 PM
Great advertising video for you.  What program was used to format the video?  Many years there was a DOS program called VISO that I used to use to produce mov. with the bullets, fade in/outs and things like you have.  Am interested as to what program yours is produced in.  Ray

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro

October 01, 2009, 04:53:36 PM
Great advertising video for you.  What program was used to format the video?  Many years there was a DOS program called VISO that I used to use to produce mov. with the bullets, fade in/outs and things like you have.  Am interested as to what program yours is produced in.  Ray

Thanks Ray

I created the initial presentation in MS PowerPoint 2007 (way more options than the 2003 version had). I then screen recorded the presentation with Camtasia and added the music there as well as tweaked a couple of things. I feel quite comfortable recommending both PowerPoint 2007 and Camtasia Studio 6.

* October 01, 2009, 05:30:17 PM
Really nice ad. The music fit the whole thing perfectly.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 02, 2009, 12:09:18 PM
Very nice presentation Don,

Good luck with your new venture.

Don.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

October 02, 2009, 01:10:02 PM
Thanks for having a look.

* October 02, 2009, 05:59:56 PM
Never used YouTube before so this is my debut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmC3gwSUJQ

Nice work, Don, looks like you are a oldtimer in you tube. 8)

* October 03, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
Hi Don,

Your video demonstrates the very high calibre and sheer volume of material you’ve created over the last few years, truly stunning.
I think it would be great to add some camera animation of a few of the models. The reflective webcam (one of many) is crying out for it, and that would look awesome.
I would drop the business card bit, there was only two. One of these was your own and had the very logo you were recently seeking to replace.
I think the video should be little shorter, concentrate on the best bits.
If you intend use Youtube etc. replace the avatar (your face) with your corporate logo, looks more professional. My dad always told me, when it comes to publicity:-

“It is most unsatisfactory to show the MD or his factory”

Corporate image is everything.

I like you taste in music, you surprise me  :)
Nice job Don, keep it up.

Kind Regards,

Paul.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:45:09 AM by Paul »

* October 03, 2009, 03:27:36 PM
Pretty nice.   I would echo some of Paul's suggestions.  I would drop the products used up front ... who cares how you get your result, it is the results they care about ... and tighten up a bit.  You are giving equal weight to Design to X as to business cards and brochures.  So, I would collapse some of the later stuff to just point out you can deliver in multiple forms, zip, zip, zip so that there is more emphasis on the areas where your special skills make the difference. 

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15

October 03, 2009, 04:57:33 PM
Thanks for the feed back. As I continue to work through all this new to me stuff, things should improve.

Sometimes there is just so much to absorb, think about and to learn that I find it quite overwhelming. It would be nice to be part of a team that had many creative forces - sales, design, publicity, etc to spread the load around.

Sometimes it is frustrating too. Today I made 15 minute intro to TurboCAD and had it at a point I could live with. After closing the video editor and opening later to finalize the production I found that my audio is off a smig from the video and I can't for the life of me figure out why, since the voice and the video were recorded at the same time. More to learn.... Oy!

* October 04, 2009, 12:32:34 AM
Hi Don,
I showed your video to a non-TC person and their reaction was "Yes, but what is Textual Creations? Is it a program like Corel Draw? How does it assist in all the stated areas? Why do I need it?".
The music was a good match to the visuals and the overall presentation was slick and professional looking, but the credits at the beginning were distracting (put them at the end), and use of the the same transition style became tedious after a short while.
I hope you accept this as constructive criticism and not an attack.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* October 05, 2009, 10:17:10 AM
Hi, Don

Great tutorial on you're website (balbearing), Is it not a good idea to make some DVD's with tutorials.
The reason I mention DVD's is when I watching TV at home I get sick, realy!!
On the office I don't have the time to study all those tutorials.

October 05, 2009, 02:16:26 PM
Very nice job, Don.  I think I would echo some of the comments.  I would like to see it a little shorter and a bit more concise.  I had to think a little about some of my past architectural marketing.  Often the goal was to get an interview and then work on getting the job.

In your case the goal is to get them to your website and then show them what you can do. 

That said, I am impressed with what you put together.

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle

October 05, 2009, 02:20:11 PM
Hi, Don

Great tutorial on you're website (balbearing), Is it not a good idea to make some DVD's with tutorials.
The reason I mention DVD's is when I watching TV at home I get sick, realy!!
On the office I don't have the time to study all those tutorials.

Thanks Stefaan,

I would love to be able to do my tutorials an video, but it is just too time consuming. It took nearly a day to create that short bearing tutorial so I imagine my regular tutorials would take months and would be so heavy (file size) that they would indeed, need to be on DVD (no downloads). It I were selling hundreds or thousands of copies of each tutorial then perhaps it would be a venture worth pursuing, but sales are no where near that, so it is going to be business as usual.