TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Drawing elements lost when saving as "DWG" file.
Read 3940 times
* October 01, 2009, 06:12:21 AM
When I saved a drawing to export to AutoCAD I used the "Save as file type" and selected "DWG", which it indicates is AutoCAD's native format.  When I did this I lost much of the drawing.  Another drawing saved and was received pretty much ok, though the hatching pattern was not the same when opened in AutoCAD; it needed to be modified slightly (essentially changed the settings for the spacing of the lines)to appear the same way I drew them in TurboCAD.  The "faulty" drawing, when saving, will not accept the title I give it; it cuts it off after a few of the characters.  I don't know if this is indicative of a problem, but it struck me as strange.  I attached the drawings in question below, both in TC format and DWG format.  The "Grinder Sketch" is the one that fails to save correctly.  I also tried to save it in DXF format, with exactly the same result as DWG format.  Am I doing something wrong here?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eric

October 01, 2009, 11:50:26 AM
Saved correctly for me using TurboCAD Pro v16.1 saving in DWG 2007/2008

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* October 06, 2009, 06:50:00 AM
I tried this again using "DWX" format with pretty much the same result.  Also, I sent the solar array to another outfit in which uses AutoCAD in DWG format and they couldn't open it.  They were able to open it in DWX format.  Could this be a problem with V12 (this is the version I'm using)? 

Eric

October 06, 2009, 10:06:03 AM
Try saving in the 2000 format dwg. In the save as dialog hit the setup button after choosing dwg from the dropdown. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* October 08, 2009, 01:10:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it, now waiting to hear back from my instructor to see if it came through to him all right.

Eric

October 08, 2009, 02:51:08 PM
You can download TrueView from Autodesk free of charge to check your DWG files.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* October 09, 2009, 04:49:21 AM
Saving it as 2000 version worked.  Thanks!  And I downloaded the DWG TrueView as well. 

Eric