TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Getting rid of section
Read 3085 times
* September 30, 2009, 12:41:12 PM
TCP 15

I have been dormant in my TC use for a number of months, making me a bit rusty, plus I seem to have a stability problem on the desktop I used to use for TC, but that seems to have been helped by moving to a Vista laptop.  However, I have a problem doing some hidden line renders such that the render appears to have been sectioned.  I understand that this could be a highly useful feature ... but it is one that I haven't used to date so I don't know how this section got established.  I can't find anything in the help about deleting sections and a brief effort to try to create a new section in a more useful place got me no change.  Wireframe looks fine and some hidden line look fine, but a few of the hidden line versions are sliced off in non-useful places, although the same layers will render properly from a different view.  All the problematic views are isometric ones.

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15

* October 01, 2009, 01:06:40 PM
Can you post the .tcw?

Henry H

* October 02, 2009, 12:05:10 PM
Well, its is about 19MB ...

* October 02, 2009, 12:47:31 PM
Well, its is about 19MB ...

Would this be feasible: Save the file under a new name; delete everything not directly related to the problem; save again -- and then post it?

Henry H

* October 02, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
I guess I will have to wait and see.  Right at the moment, it isn't doing it.  Same layer, same view where it was doing it previously.  I have made a number of changes to the layer, but nothing that seems like it would relate to sectioning as I haven't actually figured out how to do that on purpose yet.  I guess I will see if it reoccurs and then try preserving just that layer.

BTW, I wish there was a process for exporting a drawing and then re-importing it into a blank space that would guarantee a nice clean base.  This drawing has probably been around since something like TCP 9, possibly earlier, and had lots and lots of changes.

* October 04, 2009, 06:17:39 PM
OK, I have managed to reproduce the problem in a couple of layers in a small file.  Unhappily, the occasion for this was losing and having to recreate some previously done work. :(

The problem appears with an Isometric SW view focused on the newly drawn door in red.  Looks fine in wireframe, but switch to hidden line and there is a section, I presume, which causes a large part of the drawing to disappear, including the door!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:23:27 PM by tamhas »

* October 04, 2009, 07:13:29 PM

, but switch to hidden line and there is a section,

Uncheck the box in the attached and see if that help solve your problem.

Don

[attachment deleted by admin]

* October 04, 2009, 07:58:25 PM
OK, I have managed to reproduce the problem in a couple of layers in a small file.  Unhappily, the occasion for this was losing and having to recreate some previously done work. :(

The problem appears with an Isometric SW view focused on the newly drawn door in red.  Looks fine in wireframe, but switch to hidden line and there is a section, I presume, which causes a large part of the drawing to disappear, including the door!

The problem actually appears in any view rendered in Hidden Line. Don Wensrich found the solution -- but it seems to me this is a defect in the program. I should think that clipping objects behind the camera makes sense only when Perspective is enabled.

Henry H

* October 05, 2009, 05:06:56 PM
That did the trick!  Thanks!

Of course, I wonder how it got set that way and why it just started recently but ...