TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Getting rid of section
Read 3190 times
* September 30, 2009, 12:41:12 PM
TCP 15

I have been dormant in my TC use for a number of months, making me a bit rusty, plus I seem to have a stability problem on the desktop I used to use for TC, but that seems to have been helped by moving to a Vista laptop.  However, I have a problem doing some hidden line renders such that the render appears to have been sectioned.  I understand that this could be a highly useful feature ... but it is one that I haven't used to date so I don't know how this section got established.  I can't find anything in the help about deleting sections and a brief effort to try to create a new section in a more useful place got me no change.  Wireframe looks fine and some hidden line look fine, but a few of the hidden line versions are sliced off in non-useful places, although the same layers will render properly from a different view.  All the problematic views are isometric ones.

Thomas Mercer-Hursh, TC Pro 15

* October 01, 2009, 01:06:40 PM
Can you post the .tcw?

Henry H

* October 02, 2009, 12:05:10 PM
Well, its is about 19MB ...

* October 02, 2009, 12:47:31 PM
Well, its is about 19MB ...

Would this be feasible: Save the file under a new name; delete everything not directly related to the problem; save again -- and then post it?

Henry H

* October 02, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
I guess I will have to wait and see.  Right at the moment, it isn't doing it.  Same layer, same view where it was doing it previously.  I have made a number of changes to the layer, but nothing that seems like it would relate to sectioning as I haven't actually figured out how to do that on purpose yet.  I guess I will see if it reoccurs and then try preserving just that layer.

BTW, I wish there was a process for exporting a drawing and then re-importing it into a blank space that would guarantee a nice clean base.  This drawing has probably been around since something like TCP 9, possibly earlier, and had lots and lots of changes.

* October 04, 2009, 06:17:39 PM
OK, I have managed to reproduce the problem in a couple of layers in a small file.  Unhappily, the occasion for this was losing and having to recreate some previously done work. :(

The problem appears with an Isometric SW view focused on the newly drawn door in red.  Looks fine in wireframe, but switch to hidden line and there is a section, I presume, which causes a large part of the drawing to disappear, including the door!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:23:27 PM by tamhas »

* October 04, 2009, 07:13:29 PM

, but switch to hidden line and there is a section,

Uncheck the box in the attached and see if that help solve your problem.

Don

[attachment deleted by admin]

* October 04, 2009, 07:58:25 PM
OK, I have managed to reproduce the problem in a couple of layers in a small file.  Unhappily, the occasion for this was losing and having to recreate some previously done work. :(

The problem appears with an Isometric SW view focused on the newly drawn door in red.  Looks fine in wireframe, but switch to hidden line and there is a section, I presume, which causes a large part of the drawing to disappear, including the door!

The problem actually appears in any view rendered in Hidden Line. Don Wensrich found the solution -- but it seems to me this is a defect in the program. I should think that clipping objects behind the camera makes sense only when Perspective is enabled.

Henry H

* October 05, 2009, 05:06:56 PM
That did the trick!  Thanks!

Of course, I wonder how it got set that way and why it just started recently but ...