TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

E-mailing 2-D as a pdf file
Read 3041 times
* September 27, 2009, 05:35:54 PM
Help!
How do I e-mail a simple 2-D image to a computer that doesn't have TurboCAD? I have tried to save my file as a PDF, and set the image as "fit to page" beforehand, but when I open it as a pdf, it's tiny, and off to the side of the screen.
How can get a decent adobe image of my very basic, black line, 2-d image?
Thanks a million for any help,
-Kyle

* September 27, 2009, 11:54:35 PM
First thing is to forget about TC's PDF writer - it is flawed. 
Second, install a free PDF writer such as PDF995 or PrimoPDF - my favourite is PrimoPDF (Google will find it for you, but make sure you get the free version); it will install as a virtual printer. 
Finally, set up to print your drawing, choose the PDF printer as your printer, and print. Specify the output folder and file name, hit OK and you'll get a lovely PDF.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* September 28, 2009, 12:29:00 AM
If you're saving from Modelspace, click on the Setup button in the Save As dialog and use the "Zoom to extents mode" feature. I'm not sure where you "fit to page" is, as I'm looking at the PDF setup in V16.

Getting one of the freebie PDF programs is a good move in any case.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 28, 2009, 02:17:26 AM
If you wish to step in another direction.Another choice would be is to send a DWG. or DWF.But this requires either or both Free downloadable viewers from Autodesk's weblink.But the viewers have be to be  installs on your other individual's machine as well yours but yours is optional.You also can insert a DWF.file via MS Word 2002 Insert,Object,Click on Tab Create from a File tab.

Click Here for Viewer

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 28, 2009, 02:25:00 AM
First thing is to forget about TC's PDF writer - it is flawed.  

Gary
Still after all these years it hasn't got it fixes!!Although there have been changes since the earlier days. What are the issues with it?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:29:31 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* September 28, 2009, 03:17:32 AM
Still after all these years it hasn't got it fixes!!Although there have been changes since the earlier days. What are the issues with it?
I confess that I've never used it personally and thus don't know the specifics; I was merely echoing the many comments that I've read over the years. I have never seen a good report of it.
I do however, have experience with the separate PDF writers which have always delivered the 'goods' for me.

On a slightly different tack, are you trying to create your PDF from Model space, or are you using the preferred method of printing from Paper space?

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* September 28, 2009, 07:58:08 AM
On a slightly different tack, are you trying to create your PDF from Model space, or are you using the preferred method of printing from Paper space?

Hi Gary
I was just curious if there are new developments with regards to my earlier query and what modifications are needed to perform pdf. output.I have successfully in the past create a pdf.file directly from TC with Version 11.2 but the proper steps are needed to do the process correctly from model & paper space .I also use other pdf.writers to make file as you suggest in your earlier posting would be the best steps to take in my opinion as well.But I agree there has been known complications with it in the past but they supposedly they made improvement in newer versions.

Thanks for following up :)

W.D.