TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

LINE STYLE EDITOR IN TC18 Deluxe
Read 1461 times
* October 26, 2012, 10:30:06 PM
Hello All .....

I have recently acquired TC18 Deluxe, and some of the Line Styles are screwed up.

When I attempt to correct them I cannot find the Line Style Editor.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks, Bill Vlymen

* October 26, 2012, 11:54:30 PM
TurboCAD Deluxe does not have "Options / Line Styles"; this is a Pro-only tool. You can edit line styles through the TCExplorer palette.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* October 27, 2012, 11:42:51 AM
I guess I didn't make the issue clear... For instance, the "centerline" available in TC18 Deluxe is not a centerline ; it is simply a dashed line. When I call up the "Line Style Table" which lists the different types of lines with accompanying numbers for each, I can "edit" them, but the editing only changes the size of the various dashes, not their format. For instance, selecting the CENTER line  property in a drawing yields simply a dashed line consisting of dashes of equal length, and no manipulation of the numbers shown in the Line style table changes that. In my experience a center line is shown as a long dash, then a short dash, then another long dash, short dash, and so on. Any changes to it in the line style table simply result in longer or shorter dashes, but always of equal length. In fact, I can select all of the numbers shown in the table for any type of line and not change the type of line created. I cannot believe there is no option available to change one of them, or even create a new style.??????

Thanks for your interest, Bill Vlymen

* October 27, 2012, 01:54:32 PM
This is what I see for Center: 4,1.25,-.25,.25,-.25

4 = the number entities
1.25 = the length of the long dash
-.25 = the length of the empty space
.25 = the length of the short dash
-.25 = another empty space
Maybe the picture will help.

re: I cannot believe there is no option available to change one of them, or even create a new style.
Right-click on "LineStyle_Table" in TCExplorer and choose "Edit".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:58:22 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit