TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Moving a simple extrude that has been subtracted
Read 2384 times
* September 25, 2009, 02:12:59 PM
Hello:

I am relatively new to TurboCAD and relatively new to CAD programs.  I have a little experience with Unigraphics. 

I basically have two parts -- a box with a circle that was extruded -- it runs all the way through the box.  I subtracted the extrude from the box so now there is only one part that I can select. 

I am wondering how I can move the position of that extrude?  Is that not allowed since I have done the subtract operation?

Thanks.
Pat

* September 25, 2009, 03:26:00 PM
If you haven't exploded the Part and destroyed any associations, you can select the 2D Circle (Extrusion Profile) and move it to another location; the hole will follow.

If you're working with an ACIS Solid, you can use the Facet Edit tool (Edit / Facet Edit) to select the inside facet of the hole and move it to new location. You will probably need to turn on the Position fields for this tool via the Local Menu (Facet Editor Properties).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:24:26 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 25, 2009, 04:32:41 PM
Also worth noting you need know that you must enable the part tree by going to Options |ACIS and checking
Create Editing History.  It is not turned on by default.

* September 27, 2009, 09:26:50 AM
Also important, Use Compound Profile also needs to be selected.

This keeps the extrude (whether subtracted or not) associated with its profile (the circle), even though the circle profile is actually a simple profile, not a "compound" one.

D Fishback

* September 28, 2009, 05:09:58 AM
Thanks, everyone.

Also, is there a way to edit the size of the hole?

* September 28, 2009, 11:31:34 AM
Sure. Just edit the size of the circle you extruded it from.

D Fishback