TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

My mouse does not work like it used to.
Read 2664 times
* September 24, 2009, 05:33:25 PM
I had v12 on my old laptop with XP and the wheel on my mouse would allow me to zoom in and out.  My new laptop with Vista does not allow the wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.     

* September 24, 2009, 06:41:06 PM
re: rolling the wheel doesn't zoom.

Try holding the Ctrl or Shift key while rolling the wheel. That may work.

Another thing to try is mentioned here in the "Hand Tool" wishlist item:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,634.msg3489.html#msg3489

Hopefully, something works for you.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 24, 2009, 06:58:37 PM
perhaps the intellimouse settings in Tools|customise?

* September 24, 2009, 08:01:15 PM
Thanks John and Murray

I was searching for a CAD friendly mouse and found this, interesting.

radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/06/26.html

* September 25, 2009, 11:49:25 PM
I'm afraid that would end up in the drawer with the other good ideas. I like this generic Dell mouse that came with the computer.

But to balance it out, I find it very difficult to work, on those odd occasions, with one screen. Nothing like multiple monitors. ;D

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 26, 2009, 08:33:38 AM
As the article notes, don't try and buy one of those right now.  However, the novel thing about that mouse is the gel pad that guides the cursor.  The shape of that mouse is already on the market, there's a design that's known variously as Wera Mouse, which is sold as an ergonomic aid, but the same device is also sold as Poker Mouse, supposedly superior for online poker, if that's your thing.  I've had it in mind to give it a try, because I rather like the idea of not having to be fixed to the desk surface, and it's available as wired or wireless.  Interestingly, the poker mouse has a ball, a pad version without the ball, was listed for sale at one time, but not currently.  There have been previous efforts at a similar design, I remember nearly ten years ago one being sold as "rocket mouse". 

[attachment deleted by admin]