TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Does TurboCad Solve this Usability Problem
Read 1663 times
* October 08, 2012, 07:30:47 AM
I am still on tc 11 Pro and have not upgraded because I was waiting for the ability to find a block in the blocks list simply by typing the first few characters of the block name and having the list scroll to the right block ( like is done in windows file manager.)

Also, after I select a block and drag it to the drawing, I wish the list would stay where it was. It resets to the top of my block list and I have to scroll all over the place to get back to the same area. :-[

For example, I am laying in sinks. I do not want to have to use the slider to navigate doe to the bottom of the blocks list. I want to start typing the first few characters and then ti autonavs down the list. ( I also want to e able to use the mouse wheel to scroll the list)

Then, after  I lay in block Sink 1 and want to then lay in Sink 2. I currently have to scroll all the way down the list again to the sinks area of the list ... UGH. :-[

What version of TC will get me these features? I would sure be happy if this was solved. :)

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

* October 08, 2012, 03:39:18 PM
From what I see in V19, Blocks will navigate to the first letter/number. It will then cycle through the list of objects containing that letter or number. After inserting, the thumbnails tend to jump to the top or bottom. When using the "List" view, the selected Block moves to the bottom on the viewing window after insertion. If 'focus' is in the Blocks palette, I can roll the mouse wheel and move up/down the list of Blocks in List view, but not with Thumbnails (Large Icon).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

October 08, 2012, 04:54:31 PM
... Then, after  I lay in block Sink 1 and want to then lay in Sink 2. I currently have to scroll all the way down the list again to the sinks area of the list ... UGH. :-[

I know exactly what you're referring to. I usually activate the Rubber Stamp tool on the first block to continue placing it around a drawing and avoid going back to the blocks list.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* October 08, 2012, 06:27:30 PM
That is what I ended up doing too. I also drag blocks to an "off" area of the drawing and then I use that as my tool pallette and copy move and bypass the blocks menu for my common items.

V 11.2 Professional Win xP

October 08, 2012, 07:31:58 PM
That is what I ended up doing too. I also drag blocks to an "off" area of the drawing and then I use that as my tool pallette and copy move and bypass the blocks menu for my common items.

That's not a bad idea.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1