TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Be Careful Using IoBit UnInstaller
Read 7001 times
October 02, 2012, 03:08:13 PM
It has been recommended to me on these Forums- and I have passed on the recommendation in a few Posts- to use the IoBit UnInstaller utility to completely remove a program (such as the early, faulty versions of TurboCAD version 19, esp. the 64-bit version).

Be aware:  By selecting- within the IoBit UnInstaller program/procedure- to remove Registry entries can cause system problems.  I have just recently been experiencing some printer (muliple installed printers- physical printers, as well as .pdf and fax printers) issues, and after diagnosing and trying to remedy the issue for the past few hours, have come to discover that it was when I chose to remove all Registry entries of a particular "printer" (FinePrint), I screwed up all my printer Driver associations- as far as Windows is concerned.

I was able to use Windows System Restore and get everything back to working order.

----
Just be careful using IoBit UnInstaller, is all I'm trying to communicate here.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:14:14 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 02, 2012, 03:19:17 PM
If I remember correctly... IObit allows you to pick and choose what you want to remove from the registry... an option that should be used when possible. Moreover... this is a chance you take when you use such software... and the authors know this... which is why creating a restore point is the default in such programs.

But I do agree... caution should be used.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

October 02, 2012, 03:29:08 PM
If I remember correctly... IObit allows you to pick and choose what you want to remove from the registry... an option that should be used when possible. Moreover... this is a chance you take when you use such software... and the authors know this... which is why creating a restore point is the default in such programs.

But I do agree... caution should be used.

Yes, IoBIt UnInstaller is  a very good utility program; I'm happy with it so far (especially being as how it was FREEEE!).  But people like me that have no idea what a Registry- or it's individual entries- is/are, have a very hard time picking and choosing which Registry entries to select to Delete, and which to select to not delete.

Just be careful using any Registry editing/removing utility- all you fellow computer novices.

(Hi Greg)-- Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 02, 2012, 03:36:30 PM
Hey Alvin.  ;D

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* October 03, 2012, 06:34:41 AM
Hey now

Guys I came across another useful tool that can be helpful.Also a freebie and recommend as Microsoft Gold certify.I took it out for a spin.And does what it say,and doesn't offer additional junk software during download such as tool bars,etc.It clean out a lot of my empty and duplicate folders and files.User friendly.Its not one those autopilot software's delete everything by default setting,,you can choose what you need done.Like Alvin mentions Beware understand what your doing.Not sure leave it alone,Can always come back later.If not could be doing the dreadful System Restore thing

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimcleaner.php

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

October 03, 2012, 02:52:04 PM
Hello Alvin,

A second choice is Revo uninstaller. I use this one (free) has several choices on how much you want to delete. Also, a registry save choice before deleting.  http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Another site  to find freeware with feedback is Gizmo's Freeware. www.techsupportalert.com

Worth checking out.

Pat