TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

using 3D
Read 1885 times
* September 20, 2009, 11:25:44 AM
Hello all, I'm kind of new here and I have a few questions.
I design model airplanes and have always used a pencil and paper.  This is a new way to make designing better for me.  
I have seen on RC forums the pictures of the 3D renderings from Rhino and similar products and am amzed with the result.  
Can I do this with TurboCad 14?
Also, do I design in 2D or 3D to acheive this?

September 20, 2009, 11:38:04 AM
If you have the Pro version of TurboCAD you have a chance to create aircraft (not with Deluxe), but not without much effort. I did an airliner tutorial with V15 but it is was fairly simple design. It is/was created by lofting 2D profiles - so you are working with both 2D and 3D tools/objects.

I am not telling you this or showing you this to be a salesman, just to show that it is possible to a reasonable degree. See: http://www.textualcreations.ca/Textual%20Creations%20Shopping%20Page.html#Airliner_Tutorial

* September 20, 2009, 11:39:17 AM
For examples of TC's capabilities take a look at the Gallery.
TC, like all CAD systems, has a steep learning curve. I started with 2D way back in V3 and moved to 3D when I felt confident and it's 3D had grown up, but now I find that its quicker and easier to design in 3D from the start, and to use the Drafting Palette for creating 2D drawings.   

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* September 20, 2009, 06:26:29 PM
I do have the 14pro version.
I'll check out your tutorial, tanks.