TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

What Determines Brush Style(s) Pen Width-- (Re-Post)
Read 1655 times
August 22, 2012, 04:04:07 PM
The Post below is a re-Post of one I made about a week ago.  I didn't get even one reply/answer, so I am re-Posting it, in hopes that Henry, John, or one of the other experts have an answer.  (I'll Delete the previous post.)  -Alvin
Now here's a fundamental question:

On working with Kate on another, related Topic (http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9751.0.html), I was reminded of a question that I have always wondered the answer to throughout my years of using TurboCAD:

What determines or defines the pen-width value of the Brush Styles?  And can the pen-width of a Brush Style be adjusted somehow, or do we have to Explode one or two times, then adjust the pen-width value?

(Brush Style editor window screen-capture shown below; I don't see a pen-width value field in there anywhere.)

Thanks, Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* August 24, 2012, 01:25:03 AM
I kind of get the feeling that it can't be done. In this page, http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor13.htm, I found this statement near the bottom:

• You cannot specify a "weight" (or width) for a hatch pattern line. The workaround is to define two or more very closely spaced lines, such as:
  • Thick_Line, Closely spaced lines 0, 0,0, 0,.25 0, 0,.01, 0,.25 0, 0,.02, 0,.25

I'm guessing that "Explode" is your only option.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

August 24, 2012, 07:28:35 AM
I kind of get the feeling that it can't be done. In this page, http://www.upfrontezine.com/tailor/tailor13.htm, I found this statement near the bottom:

• You cannot specify a "weight" (or width) for a hatch pattern line. The workaround is to define two or more very closely spaced lines, such as:
  • Thick_Line, Closely spaced lines 0, 0,0, 0,.25 0, 0,.01, 0,.25 0, 0,.02, 0,.25

I'm guessing that "Explode" is your only option.

Thanks John.  Over the many years of trying to figure it out, I don't think it can be done either.  That's kind of weird.  I mean something has to be telling the computer what to draw.

Is Explode pretty much what everyone does?

----
I remember years ago someone on the Forum shared with me an .ini(?) file with a bunch of cultured stone hatches.  The file had a lot of text- code stuff that I know nothing about.  I've got to think that somewhere in all that text is something that "instructs" the pen-widths.
    I think I added that .ini(?) file to my version 10.5 TurboCAD Program folder somewhere; maybe I'll go looking for it and investigate.

Thanks again John- Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* August 24, 2012, 07:52:29 AM
check your email Alvin.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.