TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Copy and Pasting TC Objects Between TC Files
Read 1766 times
* September 17, 2009, 06:30:04 AM
I am trying to copy 3D Objects from one TC 16.1 file to another.  When I do, the resulting paste is a bitmap image of the source obect, which of coarse is uneditable.  Per the user guide, I have also tried drag-n-drop, but the object wont drag into the other TC file.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Greg

* September 17, 2009, 06:42:59 AM
I've had this happen to me recently... only version that this has ever happened in.

If you have a backup of the TCW16_xml.ini file, replace the one in your Data directory with it. If not, rename it, and let TC create a new one from scratch, and see if that helps the problem.

YMMV.

Greg

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* September 17, 2009, 06:47:43 AM
Ha!  I was actually trying to create a smaller file to post back to you for my interestion of two solids problem you helped me with in another post.

When I set the render mode to wireframe in both source and destination files, the copy/paste essentially worked, but reported a failure, complaining of "read only objects", which none of them were.

I will try your idea and see if it works.

Thanks,
Greg

* September 17, 2009, 06:51:56 AM
A "read only objects" message usually means that you are pasting objects into a drawing that has a layer turned off... one that is included with the objects you are pasting.

Ignore the message... and turn on all your layers... everything should be there.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64