TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

TurboCAD/CAM vs DesignCAD ContourCAM
Read 11217 times
May 16, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
ContourCAM says it is true 2D/3D CAM. Only $149. Has anyone used this. It would be cool if they offered it as a trial. I dont really like the interface of the DesignCAD, but the 3D CAM is intriuging to me. I dont want to spend a buck fifty to see if I like it or not.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

May 17, 2009, 03:44:49 AM
Looks like they have a free 15 day trial here: http://www.contourcam.com/usa/Default.asp

* May 17, 2009, 04:03:11 AM
I notice that foam piece in the other thread.Did you do that with TCC?

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

May 17, 2009, 04:28:48 AM
Oh, you mean this one... see attached. No, I actually did that with the trial of Vectric 2D. But I could have just as easily done it with TCC.

I hope when TC updates their CAM package, that they at least review the competition, especially Vectric 3D.  :) I'd love to see some good 3D path creation in TCC.

Mike...

[attachment deleted by admin]

May 17, 2009, 07:24:50 AM
Oh, you mean this one... see attached. No, I actually did that with the trial of Vectric 2D. But I could have just as easily done it with TCC.

I hope when TC updates their CAM package, that they at least review the competition, especially Vectric 3D.  :) I'd love to see some good 3D path creation in TCC.

Mike...

I guess that leads to a question on another thread. Is IMSI continuing to develop the CAM package? If so what features are they looking to add.

I foung the ContourCAM trial last night & downloaded it. I will try & set it up this week & test it. I downloaded the Vectric Trials also, so I have alot of testing to do. The only trial I have really tsted is MeshCAM. At the time I did not have my CNC Router. I know it supports 4th axis milling, whic I will need to build my variable pitched feed screws.

Thanks for the input guys.
BTW - Nice work on the gear.

TurboCAD user since v3

December 23, 2010, 09:50:26 AM
I think TCC died...

I think WD is still using it. WD, do you have a youtube of you playing with TCC and your mill?

Mike...

December 23, 2010, 10:05:40 AM
I still use TCC on several times a week. Even though it has limitations, I still like the program very much.

TurboCAD user since v3

December 23, 2010, 10:22:01 AM
I still use TCC on several times a week. Even though it has limitations, I still like the program very much.

You're a brave soul. Several times a week, eh? Got an example of your work, a picture that you can upload?

Mike...

December 23, 2010, 10:43:43 AM

You're a brave soul. Several times a week, eh? Got an example of your work, a picture that you can upload?

Mike...

I have lots of images & videos in the gallery section here is one
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,4612.0.html

TurboCAD user since v3