TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

TurboCAD/CAM vs DesignCAD ContourCAM
Read 11216 times
May 16, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
ContourCAM says it is true 2D/3D CAM. Only $149. Has anyone used this. It would be cool if they offered it as a trial. I dont really like the interface of the DesignCAD, but the 3D CAM is intriuging to me. I dont want to spend a buck fifty to see if I like it or not.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

May 17, 2009, 03:44:49 AM
Looks like they have a free 15 day trial here: http://www.contourcam.com/usa/Default.asp

* May 17, 2009, 04:03:11 AM
I notice that foam piece in the other thread.Did you do that with TCC?

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

May 17, 2009, 04:28:48 AM
Oh, you mean this one... see attached. No, I actually did that with the trial of Vectric 2D. But I could have just as easily done it with TCC.

I hope when TC updates their CAM package, that they at least review the competition, especially Vectric 3D.  :) I'd love to see some good 3D path creation in TCC.

Mike...

[attachment deleted by admin]

May 17, 2009, 07:24:50 AM
Oh, you mean this one... see attached. No, I actually did that with the trial of Vectric 2D. But I could have just as easily done it with TCC.

I hope when TC updates their CAM package, that they at least review the competition, especially Vectric 3D.  :) I'd love to see some good 3D path creation in TCC.

Mike...

I guess that leads to a question on another thread. Is IMSI continuing to develop the CAM package? If so what features are they looking to add.

I foung the ContourCAM trial last night & downloaded it. I will try & set it up this week & test it. I downloaded the Vectric Trials also, so I have alot of testing to do. The only trial I have really tsted is MeshCAM. At the time I did not have my CNC Router. I know it supports 4th axis milling, whic I will need to build my variable pitched feed screws.

Thanks for the input guys.
BTW - Nice work on the gear.

TurboCAD user since v3

December 23, 2010, 09:50:26 AM
I think TCC died...

I think WD is still using it. WD, do you have a youtube of you playing with TCC and your mill?

Mike...

December 23, 2010, 10:05:40 AM
I still use TCC on several times a week. Even though it has limitations, I still like the program very much.

TurboCAD user since v3

December 23, 2010, 10:22:01 AM
I still use TCC on several times a week. Even though it has limitations, I still like the program very much.

You're a brave soul. Several times a week, eh? Got an example of your work, a picture that you can upload?

Mike...

December 23, 2010, 10:43:43 AM

You're a brave soul. Several times a week, eh? Got an example of your work, a picture that you can upload?

Mike...

I have lots of images & videos in the gallery section here is one
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,4612.0.html

TurboCAD user since v3