TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

V19 Issues
Read 2655 times
* April 18, 2012, 06:23:11 AM
A few issues with v19
Options drop down does not have layers
Create new layer and name it and it does not appear, leave as layer 1 and it does
wall hatchings incomplete
walls don't heal consistently
2D objects end up on the wrong plane (could be my old blocks)
Add RGB colour to material and it disappears

Positives
RedSDK 3d hidden line mode is great

April 18, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
1 out of 7 that ain't bad  ;D

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* April 18, 2012, 04:23:50 PM
Options drop down does not have layers
Layers were moved to the Format menu in v18 and remain there in v19.

Create new layer and name it and it does not appear, leave as layer 1 and it does
We have had no reports of this..could it be drawing specific or does this happen to you when starting a new drawing from scratch.

Can you please elaborate on:
wall hatchings incomplete
walls don't heal consistently
2D objects end up on the wrong plane (could be my old blocks)
Add RGB colour to material and it disappears

* April 19, 2012, 01:06:32 AM
Hi Dave

Thanks

Found layers in format menu, upgrade was from v16 so was accessing layers through options menu and when I created a new layer and named it it did not appear, seems to be working ok this morning. Will access in future through format menu

Wall problems have been around a long time, ive been a user from V4 ish. The current issue is related to the work plane i think ?
If I pull in a block, some of which were created in much older versions, or are imports from Autocad,  the block and its components seem to be on different work planes.
Have tried exploding the block and " Place on Workplane" but I still seem to end up with parts on multiple planes, this as well as other problems, can stop the walls from joining and in certain instances seems to place the reference point outside of the object

Can I send you the drawing ?

* April 19, 2012, 09:44:57 AM
I too am having issues. the custom keyboard shortcuts aren't working (reverts back to standard every time). When I use 'Trim' with a line intersecting a curve, the line is cut off above the curve, and not on it - every time! if I bring in a DWG file, it  shows inches, but when I change the 'Space Units' variables into mm, the drawing is then too large - no matter what I do. This doesn't happen in all other TCAD programmes, even 18.1). There are a couple more problems, but I forget what they are as I have had to revert to 18.1 Platinum until things are ironed out (hopfully...)

(TCAD V19 Platinum 64 bit edition installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition - Intel I7 2600K, NVidia 580 GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Drive)

* April 19, 2012, 10:52:29 AM
Yes please send me the drawing mupton.

As for you Chris can you post or email me a sample of your trim tool issue as well as your DWG file?

my email is dtaylor@imsidesign.com
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:55:48 PM by Dave Taylor »

* April 19, 2012, 05:49:41 PM
I too am having issues. the custom keyboard shortcuts aren't working (reverts back to standard every time). When I use 'Trim' with a line intersecting a curve, the line is cut off above the curve, and not on it - every time! if I bring in a DWG file, it  shows inches, but when I change the 'Space Units' variables into mm, the drawing is then too large - no matter what I do. This doesn't happen in all other TCAD programmes, even 18.1). There are a couple more problems, but I forget what they are as I have had to revert to 18.1 Platinum until things are ironed out (hopfully...)

(TCAD V19 Platinum 64 bit edition installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition - Intel I7 2600K, NVidia 580 GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Drive)

That can happen if the line and the curve are not on the same Workplane. If that is the problem, the cure is to select both and go to Format>Place on Workplane.

Henry H

* April 20, 2012, 02:24:05 AM
I too am having issues. the custom keyboard shortcuts aren't working (reverts back to standard every time). When I use 'Trim' with a line intersecting a curve, the line is cut off above the curve, and not on it - every time! if I bring in a DWG file, it  shows inches, but when I change the 'Space Units' variables into mm, the drawing is then too large - no matter what I do. This doesn't happen in all other TCAD programmes, even 18.1). There are a couple more problems, but I forget what they are as I have had to revert to 18.1 Platinum until things are ironed out (hopfully...)

That can happen if the line and the curve are not on the same Workplane. If that is the problem, the cure is to select both and go to Format>Place on Workplane.

Henry H

Hi Henry,

Thank you for that - but I know this well. This was the first thing I tried, but alas, it doesn't work with this particular programme. One of the first things I configure is a keyboard shortcut 'W' for the 'Place on Workplane' command - but as it's not saving any of my commands after setting them up, I have to go through the menu.

* April 20, 2012, 11:49:38 AM
The Auto-update should fix the problem with shortcuts not saving.  Also be sure you click the Save In option in the customize dialog for your desired configuration, after you have assigned your keyboard shortcuts.

* April 21, 2012, 08:45:06 AM
Thank you, I'll try that and download the patch.

In all honesty, when this Pro Cad programme was only £170 (approx - I bought V7 Pro as an introduction into CAD) to buy, compared to AutoCad's higher price, I could have forgiven T/Cad for the time sapping problems at each new launch. However, as this now costs well over £1000 retail (if you're not upgrading), then these problems are verging on unacceptable.

I'd be pretty miffed if I had spent such large sums of money only to find some of the most base of elements in the programme don't work as intended - not getting custom keyboard shortcuts to work (the first thing that many CAD users change when running the programme for the first time) is a huge downer....

ETA - Just downloaded the patch (64 bit version), but it will not install, stating that I have the wrong version, or it cannot find the programme! Oh dear......
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:01:43 AM by chriswatton »