TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

spacebar select doesn't work!
Read 4944 times
May 24, 2012, 05:13:44 AM
I used to be able to press the space bar to activate the select tool. It now doesn't work. Anyone any idea why it should suddenly stop working ???

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

* May 24, 2012, 05:21:41 AM
1. Try reloading your cfg file.

2. If that doesn't work... it may have become corrupt. Replace with a copy from your backups... you did remember to back it up when you created it, right?  ;D

3. If the above doesn't work... your ini file may have become corrupt... replace it with one from your backups.

4. If none of the above works.... you are SOL... post back.  ;)

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

May 24, 2012, 05:31:05 AM
Is that the same as the xcfg file Greg?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* May 24, 2012, 05:43:34 AM
Yes... should be two files... xcfg and Xml.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

May 24, 2012, 06:02:51 AM
Thanks Greg, that seems to have got it working again. The other thing that wasn't working was the delete key but that's OK now too.

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* May 24, 2012, 06:08:58 AM
Glad it worked..   :D

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* June 04, 2012, 06:45:48 AM
My turbocad v9 spacebar select doesn't work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling turbocad but the problem persists. I am not experienced enough to follow GregT's advice. Can anyone help (simple language please!)

* June 04, 2012, 09:32:03 AM
My turbocad v9 spacebar select doesn't work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling turbocad but the problem persists. I am not experienced enough to follow GregT's advice. Can anyone help (simple language please!)
Those suggestions are not applicable in your case since you're using V9.You would have to go to the Config folder which is located in the program files.The files that are mention are not in this version,Also may not be the solution.I see no files of this sort (xcfg and Xml). There are config. files but don't know if it will bring back your space-bar base on that suggestions are for newer versions.You can try it. In the screenshot double check and see if it still assign .Hang tight for a bit JohnR. may have alternative he probably busy planting his tomatoes in his garden at the moment ;)

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 04, 2012, 11:08:40 AM
Thank you very much Supreme Postmaster.  As you suggested I went into Tools/Customize/Keyboard/Edit/Edit Select.  I then put the cursor in the"Press New Shortcut Key" box and pressed the spacebar.  "Space" then appeared in the"Current Keys" box.  Then, in order to implement the action, I found I had to click on "Assign" and then close.  And Bingo - it worked!  I am most grateful to you.

* June 04, 2012, 12:40:09 PM
In Version 9, once you've made all the changes to your Workspace (Toolbars, Menus & Keyboard), go to the "Setup" page. Overwrite the current name in the "Save In" list with a custom name (#6 in WD's picture), then click on the "Save In" button. The next time you need to reset/restore your Workspace, you can select your custom Workspace from the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button. Your Workspace should be back to normal. In V9, if you save your Workspace from one of the other pages (such as Keyboard), it just saves that particular feature (hotkeys) and nothing else. "Setup" page will save everything.

If you already have a custom Workspace, select the name and use the "Save In" button to update that Workspace. More info can be found in the Wiki at Customize the UI — Standard Interface.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* June 04, 2012, 01:33:18 PM
Many thanks.  Hope you got your tomatoes planted OK

* June 04, 2012, 03:21:49 PM
You're welcome.

I don't garden anymore, I just watch the grass grow or the dopey Cardinal fly up to my little Weber grill and try to peck at its reflection.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit