TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

V19 - Layers Causing Unhandled Exception
Read 1069 times
* March 25, 2012, 07:21:25 PM
In V19 Platinum, whenever I select the Layers pallete I get an unhandled exception.
I have reinstalled 32 bit and 64 bit version several times but the problem does not go away.
Moreover, the problem has now "spread" to V 18 Platinum version, and after reloading it and all updates, it still gets an unhandled exception fromthe same cause.
Is there anyway that I can get the Layer manager to operate without causing a crash, and more importantly, can I how can I get the V18 version to work properly?
Are there any files or something in the background that I can delete or modify to solve this problem?

* March 25, 2012, 08:46:08 PM
One or more of the TCad program files may have become corrupt. I'd suggest you run the installer again, using the "Repair" option. If that doesn't fix the problem, I'd uninstall TCad and then reinstall it.

Henry H

* March 29, 2012, 09:15:49 PM
Henry
Thanks. However, it did not work and so I have sent a support ticket to IMSI for their comment/response.

Since then I have discovered that the issue seems to only affect TCW files which were originally created by V18 and then opened and saved in V19. If you open a New file from a Template in V19 and then copy and paste the file contents from the file which has all the Layer/Design Director issues, and then save it normally, the new V19 file does not exhibit any issues with Layers or Design Director. The same is also true when creating and using Templates.

So it appears that perhaps the issue is associated with file conversions between the respective Versions. I will try to see if the New V19 file will affect V18 when it is saved as V18 version and advise the outcome.

Mike