TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

offset tool & red dotted square
Read 2984 times
March 28, 2012, 06:37:17 AM
This must be simple, but it is driving me a little nutty. Starting a few days ago whenever I use the offset tool a  dotted red square appears somehere nearby. Sometimes left clicking will enlarge it and re-position it.  What is it and how do I get rid of it?

thanks,
Darrell

* March 28, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
It sounds like you're in Relative Coordinate mode (R) instead of Absolute (A).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

March 28, 2012, 11:56:21 AM
It sounds like you're in Relative Coordinate mode (R) instead of Absolute (A).

Thanks John - but I checked and I am in Absolute

* March 28, 2012, 12:24:55 PM
This must be simple, but it is driving me a little nutty. Starting a few days ago whenever I use the offset tool a  dotted red square appears somehere nearby. Sometimes left clicking will enlarge it and re-position it.  What is it and how do I get rid of it?

thanks,
Darrell

It's the "WorkPlane." Not a drawing object. In my installation, clicking Workspace>Display WorkPlane toggles it ON/OFF. No telling where that option is in your installation :-(

Henry H

March 28, 2012, 12:40:16 PM

It's the "WorkPlane." Not a drawing object. In my installation, clicking Workspace>Display WorkPlane toggles it ON/OFF. No telling where that option is in your installation :-(

Henry H
[/quote]

Thanks Henry! - that did it!
Darrell