TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

double lines in 2D V15
Read 2172 times
* October 07, 2012, 01:41:53 PM
Working on an existing dwg with many double lines. Suddenly, when I try to add another double line, it just creates a large black 'cloud' that covers the whole space. Help!

* October 07, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
Working on an existing dwg with many double lines. Suddenly, when I try to add another double line, it just creates a large black 'cloud' that covers the whole space. Help!

If possible, post the problem dwg.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* October 07, 2012, 03:17:54 PM
If an Audit is perform and a report is generated it could reveal the facts about your dwg,The link below will show some details about the Audit feature

http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Other+CAD+Formats#DXF_DWG_Import_Setup

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:25:32 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* October 07, 2012, 07:39:16 PM

Hard to say what the problem is. One possible but unlikely cause is that the Separation is excessive and that the Brush pattern is "Solid." (To check this, click the "Properties" icon on the Inspector Bar after activating the Double Line tool.)

Henry H

* October 07, 2012, 08:16:11 PM
Try this . . . see if it works . . .
Paul D

* October 07, 2012, 08:27:12 PM
I see your point,Right click the Double Line icon and the Properties dialog will appear choose Pen,You'll see Width there set the Scaling to Device and the Value to zero.See if that will change things around

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* October 07, 2012, 08:52:57 PM
Try this . . . see if it works . . .
Paul D

Open double line properties and change Value from 4 in. to 0 in. will correct the problem.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* October 08, 2012, 09:51:51 AM
TOUCHDOWN! . . . Thank you, Don.