TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Connecting an angled line along a vertical line!
Read 1713 times
* March 16, 2010, 02:11:17 PM
I have two lines which I wish to connect at one end. Line A is 24.75" and runs up at an 8 degree angle. This line crosses Line B which is a straight vertical line.

What I wish to do is to move the end of Line A so that it connects and terminates somewhere along Line B. This will change the angle of Line A and that is OK. I can easily terminate Line A at the Line B intersection but this will change the length of Line A.   The key to my challenges is to keep the origin point for Line A at its original location and keep the length of Line A at 24.75".   I just need to connect the two lines and leave the distance and origin point for Line A untouched.

So far, I haven't determined how to get this done.

Thanks!

Wayne

* March 16, 2010, 02:18:44 PM
I have two lines which I wish to connect at one end. Line A is 24.75" and runs up at an 8 degree angle. This line crosses Line B which is a straight vertical line.

What I wish to do is to move the end of Line A so that it connects and terminates somewhere along Line B. This will change the angle of Line A and that is OK. I can easily terminate Line A at the Line B intersection but this will change the length of Line A.   The key to my challenges is to keep the origin point for Line A at its original location and keep the length of Line A at 24.75".   I just need to connect the two lines and leave the distance and origin point for Line A untouched.

So far, I haven't determined how to get this done.

Thanks!

Wayne

I'd draw a circle with center at the origin point of Line A and radius equal to the length of Line A. Then I'd delete the existing Line A and draw an entirely new one from the center of that circle to its intersection with Line B.

If you'd rather not delete Line A for some reason, select it with the Edit tool and snap its distal end to the intersection of the circle with Line B.

Henry H
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:20:19 PM by Henry Hubich »