TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Why can't I snap to the center of the circle?
Read 4151 times
* February 01, 2012, 11:11:06 AM
The attached drawing contains a circle with stuff inside it.  For some reason TC won't let me snap to the center of the circle.   Why can't I?

* February 01, 2012, 11:15:01 AM
No problems here.

Have you tried closing TC and restarting? Sometimes it will cure such problems.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* February 01, 2012, 11:17:08 AM
I was able to snap a cross,star,dimension tool.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2012, 01:56:38 PM
I don't know why I wasn't already aware of it, but to snap to the center of a circle you have to put the cursor on or near the circle, not the center of the circle.  I've been using TC for quite a while, so I just don't understand how I could have gotten this wrong.  Sorry for having asked such a trivial question.

* February 01, 2012, 02:30:17 PM
Funny thing another member made a similar query I should of mention my swf.file demo. ;)

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,8111.msg46867.html#msg46867

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2012, 02:37:20 PM
From ancient memory, I think that is AC convention followed by most CAD.