TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

BASICs
Read 2414 times
* August 09, 2009, 10:53:40 PM
Hello
I am very new to turbo cad.Would like to ask for help.

I am trying to compose few scaled (1/4"=1") electrical details.Which will be saved into pdf.file.
Then I would like to take all details and transfer into one single page for example 24" X 36"for printing.
Problem I have is do I need to work in a "model"mode or a "page" mode.
Is there a way to set a model page,where after staring program X and Y position will be set to 0 ? or at least if I can have a 0 mark in the center of
the screen?
After I crate something in "model" mode I cant find it in a page mode.

Thank you for any inputs or guidance

* August 09, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
As a general rule, always draw in Model Space and print from Paper Space.
Although this thread http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,360.0.html is about printing to a particular scale,  the 6th post contains a tutorial about setting up and printing from paper space. You might find it useful.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* August 09, 2009, 11:28:42 PM
Thank you Gary

* August 10, 2009, 10:27:50 AM
Problem I have is do I need to work in a "model"mode or a "page" mode.

I'd recommend working in Model Space ("model" mode).

Is there a way to set a model page,where after staring program X and Y position will be set to 0 ? or at least if I can have a 0 mark in the center of
the screen?

Open the Options menu; click "Preference"; place a check in the Show user CS block; click OK. The X, Y, and Z axes of your current Workplane will be displayed on the screen; the point where these axes intersect is the Origin (where x=0, y=0, z=0).

After I crate something in "model" mode I cant find it in a page mode.

When you draw in Model Space, then Paper Space ("page mode") merely provides a way of looking at specific views of the things you have drawn. You must create one or more specific views in Model Space, then go to Paper Space and create a Viewport for each of these views. To create a view, open the View menu and choose "Create view." To insert a Viewport, go to Paper Space, then open the Insert menu and choose "Viewport." See the Help file for more details.

Henry H

* August 10, 2009, 11:13:16 AM
Thank you Henry

* August 10, 2009, 02:08:00 PM
Thank you Henry

You're most welcome.

Henry H