TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Soft furnishing advice please
Read 1383 times
* October 10, 2011, 09:42:30 AM
Hello,
I need to model some bean bags for a 'chill out' interior area and having got so far with a loft technique was wondering if any one had done one before and could offer me some advice as to achieving a better looking item?
I'd looked at using the pressure load tools but the lofting seemed to get closer to the right look - but i'm left wondering if the loosess of the material could be achieved in a better way...
Many thanks
Matt

* October 10, 2011, 02:48:36 PM
Hello,
I need to model some bean bags for a 'chill out' interior area and having got so far with a loft technique was wondering if any one had done one before and could offer me some advice as to achieving a better looking item?
I'd looked at using the pressure load tools but the lofting seemed to get closer to the right look - but i'm left wondering if the loosess of the material could be achieved in a better way...
Many thanks
Matt

Have a look at this link Matt.

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,6150.0.html

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* October 10, 2011, 10:14:25 PM
Hello,
Many thanks
Matt

I think lofting is the way to go. Experiment with a greater number of profiles and with a different orientation of the profiles -- and remember that they don't have to be parallel, or even planar (that is, you can use 3D Splines as profiles). You may find it helpful to enable the "Use compound profile" option; you'll then be able to alter a profile after creating the loft and watch the loft update itself to conform to the revised profile.

Henry H

* October 11, 2011, 03:11:45 AM
Matt

If want to go with a different look. The attach sample image was from 3d warehouse and brought in Tc.At the following link is a assortment to choose from a variety of shapes.What you have in your sample jpeg. is fine.Maybe fillet the sharp edges to give a more rounder look and will make circular some.The pressure load tools isn't that easy to control shape formation.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=bean+bag&styp=m&btnG=Search

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

December 29, 2011, 04:44:23 AM
See my Topic, could be helpful in creating cushions etc..

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,7812.0.html

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.