TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

loft guide lines
Read 1380 times
* January 28, 2010, 09:22:03 AM
I'm a new TC16 pro user.   I'm trying to create a wing to fuselage fairing for an aircraft drawing.  I've made a loft using 4 2D profiles which produces a good approximation to what I want.    When I try to refine it by adding guidelines (3D splines)  the loft does not attach to the guidelines but behaves as if they are not there.   Is this because the guides are not attached to the 2D profiles?   They look as if they are.
Tom

* January 28, 2010, 09:41:37 AM
I'm a new TC16 pro user.   I'm trying to create a wing to fuselage fairing for an aircraft drawing.  I've made a loft using 4 2D profiles which produces a good approximation to what I want.    When I try to refine it by adding guidelines (3D splines)  the loft does not attach to the guidelines but behaves as if they are not there.   Is this because the guides are not attached to the 2D profiles?   They look as if they are.
Tom

I rarely get satisfactory results by lofting with guide lines. "3D Splines" is one of the few kinds of entity that work at all (maybe the only kind), but they do have to be attached to the profiles. If you haven't done so yet, then try lofting with "Use compound profile" enabled and forget the guide lines. You'll be able to edit the profiles and see the loft update itself immediately.

Henry H

December 28, 2011, 02:20:45 PM
Have a look at my post: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,7812.0.html

It may help?

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.