TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

TCAD v18 copy from one TCW to another
Read 1068 times
November 11, 2011, 02:38:38 PM
Sometimes I need to create several drawings which will later become part of one exploded view in another drawing.

Sometimes I simple open one drawing make a selection, press ctrl/C, go to the other drawing and press ctrl/V and move the resultaing mix till I like what I see.

I am trying to copy "PART" of valve slider base5.tcw to valve slider exploded.tcw

This operastion has worked in the past but in this case the copy does not work

I have tried to attach these files.to this message.

Can anyone see why, on this occasion, the copy doe not work, the axes and workplanes seem to align , I am missing something.

Thanks, Jim

Using TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe 64 bit since Dec 2019

Best is the enemy of good enough

Barrs Law Of Recursive Futility

If you are smart enough to use one of these...
   ,,, you can probably manage without one!

* November 11, 2011, 03:31:50 PM
Hi Jim
It works fine at my end. I was able to copy the valve slider exploded into another new sheet with out any trouble.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* November 11, 2011, 04:15:42 PM
It works for me as well.  That said a different method you can try is to use either Extract From or Insert file.

November 12, 2011, 03:08:24 AM
OK,

Thanks for that, I was trying to copy the slider to join the exploded! but I just tried the way you did it and at first it would NOT work. I tried just repeatng the procedure and it worked!

After a couple of tries, I also managed to copy the objects in the opposite direction as well!

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I do not think I have seen the last of this little puzzle

Thanks,
Jim

Using TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe 64 bit since Dec 2019

Best is the enemy of good enough

Barrs Law Of Recursive Futility

If you are smart enough to use one of these...
   ,,, you can probably manage without one!