TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Water
Read 4859 times
* September 20, 2011, 07:06:47 PM
Mike Geraghty mentioned "water" in another thread. Thought I'd begin a new one dedicated to TCad drawings containing water.

Attached screenshot was made using a drawing that was begun and essentially completed back in version 8.2, then tweaked a bit and rendered in v18.1.

Henry H

EDIT (21 Sep): Replaced the image with one I like a little better.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:02:43 PM by Henry Hubich »

September 21, 2011, 08:20:19 AM
water is very hard "nut"  ;D . but the result is very good Henry

Majo

WorkPC->HP Z620 2x E5-2680v2 2,8GHz, 64GB RAM,Quadro K4000, 400GB SSD+2TB HDD, Win10 Pro 64bit
HomePC->i7-3770 CPU 3,40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 760, 120+60GB SSD, Win7 HP 64bit

TC Pro Plat x64
www.invent-dizajn.sk, www.facebook.com/marian.jurcak

* September 21, 2011, 10:51:35 AM
Wow Henry, that is fantastic, in fact about the best 3d water out of all the online models that I have looked at so far. I started looking  at some tutorials for water in other software, only problem learning the other software first.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread, but also trying some masked water myself also.

* September 21, 2011, 11:17:31 AM
The water is beautiful rendered. Absolutely something for me to learn so I can make the water in TC. Now my digital paintings has more than 50% done in TC and the rest in Photoshop to make art paintings. Do you have some advice/tips how you make the water?
Sven

* September 21, 2011, 11:57:29 AM
The water is beautiful rendered. Absolutely something for me to learn so I can make the water in TC. Now my digital paintings has more than 50% done in TC and the rest in Photoshop to make art paintings. Do you have some advice/tips how you make the water?
Sven

I use "Glass" Reflectance, and I usually apply some kind of Texture.

Henry H

September 22, 2011, 10:00:31 PM
Beautiful job Henry, very realistic.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* September 24, 2011, 06:18:24 AM
Nice new version Henry. I remember looking at this and 'seeing' the water flowing. Still amazing work.

Jack

* September 25, 2011, 04:30:45 AM
Wonderfull image Henry, very nice motion in that water

* September 25, 2011, 07:29:38 PM
I stared at your fountain cross eyed Henry and I swear the water is moving  ::)  may have to right click and select play/loop

Jack
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:49:36 PM by Jack Zimmer »

* September 25, 2011, 10:22:16 PM
its very mesmerizing.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 26, 2011, 05:45:52 AM

Sqirtz is a free fun little program to create moving water. I traced the water in Henrys fountain in with one path, you can notice the 'drip' on the left side of the upper form. I had to get the trace line from the bottom to the top and back. I found out later that I could trace one object, save as AVI , import back and create a second / third etc trace l

There are a variety of settings but I did high transparency setting so more of Henrys real water would be visible. The speed of the water movement is set by the frame rate when saving (default is 15, I set this to 12).

I found swf save produced the smallest file, Resizing the image in the program results in smaller files.

CNET Free download  (Tucows did't work well)

http://download.cnet.com/Sqirlz-Water-Reflections/3000-2186_4-10395165.html  

Website

http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzReflect.html  

Simple Tutorial here

Use 'Click Here' button on bottom left

http://www.johnluck.net/index_bruns_flash.html  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:54:16 AM by Jack Zimmer »

* September 26, 2011, 08:25:37 AM
Thanks for posting those links Jack you got me wondering how you did it.It seems John Luck as the life canoeing, fishing, cooking, out  in the wilderness. Brings back to when I was young man canoeing on the cedar water in the Pine Barons. Although I would pass on the crocodile meat not a fan of reptiles.Now all we need is to get Turbocod to do some jumping in and out of the fountain with his little prop spinning around and that would be a real Tc video.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 26, 2011, 08:34:41 AM
Nice job on the water Jack, and thanks for the Squirlz link also. The effect looks great on Henry's model. I have not had any free time yet to have a go at some water effects, but maybe in another week or so.

* September 26, 2011, 09:13:55 AM
Hi WD , Mike,

This technique has it place. Although it was nice to use Henrys' work to test, it destroys his technique of creating water in TCAD.

I am working on a lake home so this morning I faked a lake using reflective dark blue water in TFPlan, Did rendering and added the water technique.

Here is the result. Quality and size reduced by 25%, which dropped the file size from 2.24 mb down to 1.24mb.

To view the swf you can save and open in IE, or open ( you may have to right click / select Loop/ then right click and select Play.)

Jack
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:16:42 AM by Jack Zimmer »