TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Problem File Saving to DWG
Read 775 times
* September 13, 2011, 03:03:57 PM
I am trying to save a TC18 Platinum file to DWG. However, I get the attached error message. I do not get an erro message when I create a new drawing.Therefore, i suspect that my file has errors in it. Is there a command or routine (similar to Autocad's Audit / Recover) that allow me to remove errors? I have managed to save the file to DWG using TC17 Platinum but I do not want to rely on 2 versions of TC.
Walter

Walter
TC2015 Platinum

* September 14, 2011, 04:55:46 AM
You should send the corrupt file to Support. They're always trying to make sure that TC & AC work well together.

Did you use "File / Save Copy As" at some some point? That's been known to create problems saving afterwards.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 14, 2011, 10:10:45 AM
With Regards to your Audit question.Usually the bak.or Autosave is the way I do a recovery of a damage file

For the Audit Choose File than Open than your dwg. file In dialog box you see a Setup button select it and select Open with Audit feature and activate Show report.

“Open with audit: Opens the file and corrects errors
when possible. The report is displayed only if errors
are found. The file is checked is after it is loaded into
memory, though if the file is very corrupt it may not be
able to be loaded into memory.”

"Recover: Opens the file and corrects errors. The report
is automatically displayed, regardless of errors. The
file is checked before loading it into memory."

If you save in 2000 format there be no need to worry whether 17 or 18 it will open in both.

Would be a plus the audit feature could be utilize for a tcw.file also when becomes corrupt maybe it can be fixed.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison