TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Multiple choices
Read 1231 times
* September 03, 2011, 09:41:03 AM
I've have TC16 and had this problem a long time ago, I don't know how I created the problem or how to fix it.

When I'm drawing and attempt tp select an entity or snap I get multiple choices as to what I wish to select. It's making me even slower at the CAD than usual and is really annoying >:(

* September 03, 2011, 09:56:32 AM
Are you talking about the pop-up as in the attached? If so, you turn it of under Options/Preference... uncheck the  "Use Choice if several...".

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* September 04, 2011, 08:15:34 AM
Thanks GregT, that's the answer I was looking for. I had a wierd shutdown a few days ago and when I started up again that setting must have been changed. Thanks again

* September 04, 2011, 09:39:05 AM
Your welcome.

Setup TC the way you want, and then copy and save your tcw18_xml.ini file (if you're using v18) and your desktop.ist files to a safe location. After a crash, you can use these to restore TC the way it was before the crash.

You might also want to make a backup of your cfg file... which will restore your toolbars, menus... etc. back the way you had them.

Just a thought. It's the first thing I do after I have TC setup the way I want.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64