TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

TurboCAD import into Blender
Read 2528 times
* June 10, 2011, 07:30:52 AM
I have attempted importing a TurbCAD drawing, saved as a 3ds, opj and dxf into Blender 2.57.0 with no success. I understand that MoI will work, but I am looking for a free solution at the moment. There was a post that ended in December with some talk of using Blender to solve the issue of organic shapes, MoI being the prefered. I can import simple shapes. At some point in my drawing progression, Blender, or the TurboCAD conversion makes it unreadable in Blender.

Ron Hill

* June 11, 2011, 08:14:06 AM
I use Tcad platinum18. Tcad communicates well with Blender 2.57.1. I am still getting comfortable with the new version of blender and I do not see a dxf import. All other files that are saved as from Tcad such as 3ds,obj stl, and collada import into blender. Have you tried collada? I do notice though that I need to zoom way out(by default) in blender after an import.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* June 14, 2011, 02:14:28 PM
The only one I was successful with was Collada, and yes I had to zoom way out to see the object. Thanks for that tip. I am using TurboCAD 17. Are you aware of any limitation over 18? I want to be able to send some of my objects to a student I am working with that is using 3ds and wanted to avoid too many conversions.

Ron Hill