TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Drag & Select tool not working
Read 3473 times
* June 09, 2011, 04:08:36 AM
I've recently stumbled into a few issues with TC17. It has never done this before and all of a sudden a lot of strange things are happening without me manually changing anything to my standard setup.

This time its the drag and select tool. I'm trying to select multiple objects but once dragged over all of them it only decides to select one object. I then have to manually select all objects individually click by click...

Any help on this would be appreciated.

* June 09, 2011, 06:43:28 AM
When the Select tool is active, check if "Open Window Mode" is active in the Local Menu. It sounds like this is turned off.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* June 12, 2011, 05:17:13 AM
That fixed it many thanks John!

I have stumbled into a few other issues which I will post separately. However this may be relevant to this post:

I can't seem to zoom in to my drawing sometimes. I have upgraded to Windows 7 64bit as well as TC17 and ever since experienced issues with my keyboard/mouse compatibility. The only real issue is I have to hold down the shift (or control) key to zoom in and out with my mouse wheel. However now I can't seem to zoom in at all..

Is this a hardware or software issue?

* June 12, 2011, 09:53:12 AM
re: …I can't seem to zoom in at all.

Does this happen in all drawings or one particular drawing? The inability to zoom in within a particular drawing can be caused by errant objects somehow ending up far from the normal drawing area (aka space dust). You may be able get an idea by doing Ctrl+A and see what the selection field is like compared to where your drawing is located. Select the stuff outside your drawing area, check the Selection Info palette to see if it's anything useful, then delete or move it back where it should be.

Otherwise, zoom should work similar to what is found on the Additional Devices page in the Wiki. Some mice, like Logitec, may have software that needs to setup to work like a normal mouse.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* June 14, 2011, 02:05:36 AM
Thanks John all back to normal again... phew! That's exactly what is was, space dust (I like the term!). 

Not sure what is going on with my TC17 lately... It's doing all kinds of crazy stuff without me changing settings etc. Perhaps I hit a wrong button somewhere along the line...?!