TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Forum Suggestion
Read 2466 times
* July 19, 2009, 06:39:06 AM
I might suggest the forums, especially the "Problems" forum, be broken down by TCW versions.  Having issues/problems/etc. catagorized by version, I think, would be helpful.  Does anyone else agree?

Douglas Warner
President & Engineer
Altoona Hoist & Crane
V16.1 ProMech
TCW user since v9

* July 19, 2009, 10:03:26 AM
"Problems" forum, be broken down by TCW versions.  Having issues/problems/etc. catagorized by version,

It was suggested earlier when the forum made the switch from the older forum.And you can see where that went.If I could find the thread regarding this I would hyperlink you there.But it is in the maze of postings and take hours to locate.If I recall it went something similar like this and I'm not qutoing word for word all versions could be posted by the end user regarding issues in Board Name:Problems selection.The best reasoning I would think is it isolates all problems in one category for easy navigation in my opinion.But I positive IMSI will have different purpose.It takes a little time to get use this forum lay out format. It might be built off the cuff.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* July 19, 2009, 04:01:58 PM
I might suggest the forums, especially the "Problems" forum, be broken down by TCW versions.  Having issues/problems/etc. categorized by version, I think, would be helpful.  Does anyone else agree?

As WD mentioned, it's been brought up several times. It should be possible, just create a new category called "Problems" with the various versions listed below it. I don't think that breaking it down farther to the six editions would be all that helpful; Pro Basic, Pro Architectural, Pro Mechanical, Pro Platinum, Deluxe, Designer. I believe having too many forums is what killed the old forums. The attached might be a way to go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 AM
You hit the nail on the head!  I wasn't real clear in my suggestion.  When I suggested breaking down the forum by "Versions", what I meant was release versions (i.e. v16, v15, v14, so on), just like you suggested.

Those of us that have been using TCW for a while (since v9) all know that IMSI has addressed most problems as they come along.  Maybe not as quickly as we would like to see, but each subsequent version is an improvement over the later.

Personally, I use the forums not only to post an issue if I have one, but also to see what issues others are having, the solutions proposed, and whether or not the issue will affect me.  Occaisionally, I'm even able to offer a suggestion or two.  My point is that it can be confusing if a poster writes about an issue he's having in v14, but does not indicate he's using v14.  Many may be confused and assume that it's a new problem, but find out later it was addressed in a version upgrade.

Douglas Warner
President & Engineer
Altoona Hoist & Crane
V16.1 ProMech
TCW user since v9