TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

roofs and walls
Read 1860 times
* April 27, 2011, 08:15:28 PM
I would like to be able to specify different overhangs for different parts of roofs. So if I change a roof to a gable then I would like to be able to make the overhang on that wall less then the rest of the roof. I know I can edit nodes but thats fiddly. There are other times when you do alterations to a home that portions of the roof overhang more then the rest of the roof it would be nice to be able to change the overhang as easily as you can change the pitch.

I often use rails for boundary walls because it can adds "piers" but this has limitations because you cant add openings. So I would like to be able to add vertical components to component walls. Initially the piers could be placed at a maximum centre - like the rails but once the wall is drawn I would like the ability to reposition  them using the edit node command.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* December 11, 2019, 01:47:45 PM
What you have noted in your 1st paragraph is exactly what I am looking for right now.  Has this been addressed since your post 8 years ago?

* December 11, 2019, 08:02:02 PM
Not exactly.
But we do have the ability to convert the roof to roof slabs.
Once the roof is a series of roof slabs then you can change the slabs individually, which gives much more flexibility.
https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TG/pages/174757205/Extend+Roof+Slab
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:04:32 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* December 12, 2019, 01:56:58 PM
Thank you