Your answers for questions 1 - 7
1. Hole Tool - Can this tool be driven by some means to produce/represent standard ANSI threaded (1/4-20), Counterbore, Countersinked holes in the model with matching notations in paper space?
A â€“ This possible. If you need to show the actually threads youâ€™ll need to use the thread tool then perform a Boolean subtraction.
2. BOM - Can standard fasteners and X-refed drawings be given attributes that can be shown in a table on the drawing in paper space and be exported from TC in some format that could be imported to excel?
A - Yes
3. Title Blocks - Can attributed values be retained in some method if one desires to change from an "A" sized border to a "B" sized border?
A- Yes. If you move the reference point to the lower left of your block you can just type in the X & Y values without losing the attribute info.
4. How robust are the measuring tools in TC? For instance could the diameter of the head of flat head screw be measured from the quadrant of the tapered portion from one side to the other in the model to determine the diameter? Can items such as the border or part list in paper space be measure? (Inventor 11 cannot do the aforementioned)
A â€“ Yes on both cases, I think
. The Radial and Diameter dimensions they automatically detect the Arc see image. So, I think you should be able to achieve what you want if I am understanding correctly. Also all of our dimensioning tools work in paper space.
5. Are exploded assembly views stored in the assembly drawing as in MDT? A file management issue, the fewer drawings the better.
A - No - there is no exploded assemblies in the same manner as MDT. We do have a drafting palette used to automate the detail drawings. These create separated dynamic 2D objects of your 3d parts.
6. I assume that one can choose to retain some items in an assembly while external referencing other. (ex. leave purchased items in the assembly and X-ref manufactured parts that require drawings) Correct?
A â€“ No - we do not support this type of assembly.
7. Can TC do a 3D sweep; for instance to show a tubing run from one fitting another
A â€“ Yes we have a sweep and rail sweep. The rail sweep works with compound profiles.
I will also add that we do provide very attractive competitive upgrade pricing in case you do not realize that yet.
[attachment deleted by admin]