TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Trim
Read 1354 times
* February 25, 2011, 04:11:35 PM
TurboCad Deluxe 17
I am doing a residential house plan. I have created the floor on a level I've called Mfloor. Now I need to cut the stairwell opening in the floor. I have defined the space as a rectangle- no problem- and then used TRIM, and selected the rectangle (multiple lines I think they call it)- no problem- the rectangle is highlighted. But then I am just asked to select an item to trim again.
How do I cut the rectangle out?
And how do I know if there is an opening cut out, or if it's just a rectangle drawn on my floor?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:21:36 PM by sheslop »

Steve Heslop

Deluxe17

* February 25, 2011, 04:57:20 PM
I am doing a residential house plan. I have created the floor on a level I've called Mfloor. Now I need to cut the stairwell opening in the floor. I have defined the space as a rectangle- no problem- and then used TRIM, and selected the rectangle (multiple lines I think they call it)- no problem- the rectangle is highlighted. But then I am just asked to select an item to trim again.
How do I cut the rectangle out?
And how do I know if there is an opening cut out, or if it's just a rectangle drawn on my floor?

If possible, post the probelm file.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 25, 2011, 04:59:55 PM
If you have a rectangle representing the perimeter of your floor and you want remove where the stair opening goes; use the 2D Subtract tool to subtract one rectangle from the other. This will leave you with a Region object.

If you have the Slab tools and have a Slab representing your floor, you could activate the "Add Hole" tool to use on the stairway rectangle.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 25, 2011, 10:45:52 PM
Thanks for your input guys. Ihaven't had a chance to try any of it, as I got sidetracked with another issue- see "Z axis".
Much appreciated.

Steve Heslop

Deluxe17