TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Few Pillow Blocks
Read 2758 times
* February 20, 2011, 04:38:03 PM
The one on the right is cast iron casting the other is just basic quality render
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:50:14 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 20, 2011, 04:53:40 PM
That's a very unusual background, WD; how did you produce it?

Don Ritchie

TC 11.2 and 17.2 Platinum

* February 20, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
Its Paint.Net thing.combination of tools,Blur,Ink sketch,Black& White,Cyanotype, Not in that sequence.Its off the cuff,Your going like the Aurora I'm still working on.But you know artist can't reveal any previews.It takes time on digital canvas which I call Photoshop & Paint.net. which I enjoy working with.I have about dozens TC images in the making that are semi finish.I work on them little at a time.With nice jigger of J.D. ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:25:10 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

February 21, 2011, 01:20:08 PM
Its Paint.Net thing.combination of tools,Blur,Ink sketch,Black& White,Cyanotype, Not in that sequence.Its off the cuff,Your going like the Aurora I'm still working on.But you know artist can't reveal any previews.It takes time on digital canvas which I call Photoshop & Paint.net. which I enjoy working with.I have about dozens TC images in the making that are semi finish.I work on them little at a time.With nice jigger of J.D. ;)

Very creative W.D. I'm excited to see what you have in the works.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

February 21, 2011, 02:26:40 PM
Nice job W.D.

Is that a background photo of your garage workshop? :-)

* February 21, 2011, 02:59:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. J.D. is useful stuff ;-)

Henry H

February 21, 2011, 06:42:23 PM
Interesting BG...and choice of materials...gray cast iron housing w/ white-metal bearing

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim

* February 21, 2011, 10:19:05 PM
Thanks for the look over and your opinions always are important to me,I tried to think outside of the box when I make my creations which are out of the norm to some.

Brad: Mostly working on images that are composites.And still learning as I go.Today I found out to make Sparkles in Paint.Net which took three uses of tools to get to work effectively.

Henry: Indeed its useful to unwind in the evening along with some TC and little classical music in the background.Works for me. :)

Don C : No not my shop just image I put a twist on.

Craig: I must say you have a keen eye for detail I didn't think any one would pick up on the white metal.But it came to my mind after utilizing the chrome that came in TC's collection of materials when it didn't produce the chrome I was expecting.I could of made separate chrome material,but I tried toning down the lighting which didn't do much. Found a brief article on white metal which isn't uncommon in pillow blocks.The process is interesting to read at the following link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbitt_%28metal%29#Traditional_Babbitt_bearings

W.D.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:07:10 PM by wd »

* March 24, 2011, 01:31:36 PM
great work WD.