TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Cannot initialise Quick time environment
Read 2907 times
November 21, 2010, 03:53:00 AM
This has to be my most frustrating day with TC since I installed version 3 back in...1966 or something. I paid for the upgrade this morning - slowest download ever, 33mb in 45mins just doesn't cut it these days (OK, that's Digital River).

The download installed as normal but the activation code wasn't accepted - outdated, apply for new activation code (what?...was the the download THAT slow?).

I'm afraid that numerous install/uninstalls, shutdown/restarts, 3 activation codes, and 2hrs with Regedit just isn't an acceptable install procedure.

And then, just as you get exited that it's installed, the only feature I upgraded for (interactive 3D MOV) stalls with "Cannot initialise Quicktime environment" and "Cannot initialise MOV file" messages. Right now, I feel like a fool, I want my money & AL4  back (I had to uninstall that too). 

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

December 08, 2010, 11:22:28 AM
I submitted a ticket to support on this, and have had the following help. While not a result, it's reassuring that they're working on it. BTW, has anyone got MOV/QT to work?

Subject: AnimationLab5, MOV not working 
Date: 2010-12-07   Time: 08:31:41   
Hello,

Probably, this is a defect of TurboCAD. I will enter this issue for fixing. Once we get a response from developers, we’ll let you know.
As a workaround, you can perform the suggested action to create frames (please, take a look at our last message), and then select Montage Center (Start / All Programs / IMSIDesign Animation Lab 5 / Montage Center). In the Montage Center select "Add Frames” button -> select all necessary frames -> then press "Create Movie" button. MOV file should be created.

Ksenia Novitskaya
IMSIDesign Technical Support

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

February 01, 2011, 07:23:21 PM
Well, I eventually stumbled on a cure - drink beer and unintentionally delete QuickTime 4 Pro (paid upgrade) while trialling latest free QT player. Now need to pay Apple $50 again to unlock QT7 Pro features. QT4 should have been able to play QTVR MOVs so still not sure where the problem is.

Julian