TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

re: How get rid of Red DOT!
Read 10405 times
* January 14, 2011, 09:27:50 AM
TC14:  Attached is a simple drawing with two circles.  Whatever circle I click on I get a red dot at the reference point.  It does not appear in some other drawings.  How do I get rid of it? After I've deselected the circle it remains????  Hopefully this is really simple.  Thanks, Roger

January 14, 2011, 09:47:01 AM
change from "Relative" coordinants to "Absolute"

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* January 14, 2011, 09:48:54 AM
Select (A) on your keyboard.It may be that your Relative CoordsYou want be in the Absolute Mode.Did'nt see any red dot at my end.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 14, 2011, 09:50:35 AM
You're working with Relative coordinates, and the red dot is the current Relative Origin. To get rid of it, switch to Absolute coordinates. Just hit "A" on your keyboard.

Henry H

* January 14, 2011, 09:52:56 AM
Three is a charm.   LMAO :)

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 14, 2011, 10:05:44 AM
Thanks all.  Never paid any attention to this before, so guess I've always been in absolute.  Live and learn ... but just a little. Roger

* January 14, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
You more than likely hit the "R" key at some point. See the "Modes / Coord System" menu.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

January 14, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
You more than likely hit the "R" key at some point. See the "Modes / Coord System" menu.
In my usage of ArchiCAD "A" tabs into the Angle input box and "R" tabs into the radius input box, so needless to say when I accidentally  do one or the other while finishing my drawings in TC14, I always do the other to go right back to undo it ;)

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim