TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Extruding problems
Read 2343 times
December 26, 2010, 04:21:58 PM
Ok im having trouble extruding some circles into cylinders all I get is a heap of flat sides.
I have tryed to play with the ACIS settings and still looks like crap.

I am hoping that this is just a small thing that I have missed in setting up the drawing and not a limitation of TurboCad.

Any help apreciaded
Glenn

http://www.mediafire.com/?cr9qqbfd6ei5z4z
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 04:31:30 PM by Glenn »

* December 26, 2010, 04:45:11 PM
There lot ways to set ACIS. At my end I don't load any values and all I use is set it to Quality mode.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

December 26, 2010, 04:49:43 PM
Yep tried that WD and I still just get large flat sides instead of nice smoth curves.

* December 26, 2010, 04:52:17 PM
Isn't this good enough?

Henry H

* December 26, 2010, 05:01:30 PM
Maybe this pdf file will help made by John R.If still not getting the results lofting is a option.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

December 26, 2010, 05:10:11 PM
This is what I get.

I'm begining to think that my video card might not be suported :-[

* December 26, 2010, 05:13:48 PM
One other thing to check before you extrude and your in the 2d stage,Click on the 2d objects right click and open properties double check your in the 3d solid and not TC Surfaces
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 05:19:53 PM by wd »

December 26, 2010, 05:14:57 PM
Maybe this pdf file will help made by John R.If still not getting the results lofting is a option.

Thanks WD I will have a play with the settings some more and see what I get.

Lofting gives me the same results.

December 26, 2010, 05:22:27 PM
Thanks again WD that fixed the problem (it was not set to 3D solid).

* December 27, 2010, 10:13:16 AM
Your welcome Glen your big help also you supplied tcw. file along with jpegs. and feed back made the operation run more smoothly. ;D