TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

New TurboCAD Tutorial - Retro Fridge
Read 1915 times
January 03, 2011, 01:47:02 PM
Textual Creations is very pleased to announce the release of TurboCAD Pro V17.2 – Retro Fridge

TurboCAD Pro V17.2 - Retro Fridge is a 168 page fully illustrated tutorial that leads the reader through every keystroke to produce the Retro Fridge that is on the cover of the tutorial.

TurboCAD Pro V17.2 - Retro Fridge is available on the Textual Creations Shopping Page. Sample pages are available there.

From the Introduction:

While cruising the Internet for tutorial inspiration I came across Big Chill (bigchillfridge.com/site/) and what I thought was a very cool set of retro style kitchen appliances. I decided that the fridge would make a great tutorial so I dived right in and this tutorial is the result. Although the real world fridge boasts a modern interior, it has been simplified within the tutorial to keep with the overall retro feeling. I have also taken additional artistic liberties as will be seen if one compares the Big Chill product with what is created within the tutorial.

I hope that you enjoy working your way through the tutorial.

Best regards,
Don

Within the tutorial the reader will be led through each keystroke to produce all components of the fridge that is illustrated on the cover of the tutorial. Aside from learning how to draw in TurboCAD, the user will learn how to insert standard lighting and how to utilize render scene luminance. The reader will learn how to establish a render scene environment and the reader will learn how to render their drawing and save it in a high resolution image format. Two views are created, one illustrating the closed fridge and one illustrating the opened fridge.

* January 03, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
Cool, Don ;-)

Kinda reminds me of the GE fridge that's still purring away in the laundry room. Bought it used in 1957 and the only work that's been done on it was to replace the door gasket (with weatherstripping from Lowe's). But yours is prettier.

Henry H

January 03, 2011, 06:53:13 PM
Nice one Don. My Grandfather owns a 1950's Leonard refrigerator that still runs in his kitchen. My first refrigerator was a brand new Amana. It ran for almost 10 years.  :D

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* January 03, 2011, 10:04:58 PM
When I was growing up we had 1930's or 40's freezer/refrigerator in the basement. It looked more like an old-fashioned ice box with a latching handle and up on four legs. Grandpa had replaced the compressor (a big box that sat on top of the unit) and after that it ran for decades, the only problem being that it tended to freeze everything up.

Don's  Retro fridge is beautiful. Looks like it has a little more space than the original cited, maybe due to the omission of the compressor.

Mark

TCW Pro 14.2
TC Deluxe 16.2 Build 53.2

January 06, 2011, 07:53:54 PM
We sent a very old, still working GE fridge on to it's next assignment a couple of years ago, when my parents moved out of their house.  It came from my grandparents, then to my parents.  Seeing the image from the tutorial sparked a fully-detailed memory of that fridge !  Haha, it had one of those teeny freezer boxes that always loaded up with ice - I remember attacking the ice walls with hammer and screwdriver !  Nice one Don.  Man, you are prolific . . .
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000