TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

insert photo
Read 1267 times
January 05, 2011, 10:13:48 AM
I can't remember.... It seems to me that I could delete the white background in photoshop (check) and then save the photo as a GIF file (or PNG). Then I could bring it into TC with the transparent background. The background is transparent in PS, but when I bring it into TC, it is a white background again. What am I missing?

Michael

January 05, 2011, 10:27:04 AM
TurboCAD does not utilize transparencies like Photoshop. You need to use a masked image in TurboCAD.

See tip#12 & 13 and note the parts on masks. http://www.textualcreations.ca/Don_Cheke%27s_TurboCAD_Tips.html

January 05, 2011, 12:01:57 PM
Thanks, Don. I bookmarked your site for later review.  I could have sworn that photos with transparent backgrounds could be loaded into TC complete with transparency. I thought I had done that before. Since that is not the case, I need to bring the TC image to the image in photoshop. That will work, but I was hoping to keep everything in TC. Oh well.....

Michael

January 05, 2011, 01:21:09 PM
Thanks, Don. I bookmarked your site for later review.  I could have sworn that photos with transparent backgrounds could be loaded into TC complete with transparency. I thought I had done that before. Since that is not the case, I need to bring the TC image to the image in photoshop. That will work, but I was hoping to keep everything in TC. Oh well.....

Michael

In the last couple version, maybe 15 or 16, a function was added to export a png out of TurboCAD, specifying which color to choose as transparent. It works marginally okay IMHO.