TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

insert photo
Read 1392 times
January 05, 2011, 10:13:48 AM
I can't remember.... It seems to me that I could delete the white background in photoshop (check) and then save the photo as a GIF file (or PNG). Then I could bring it into TC with the transparent background. The background is transparent in PS, but when I bring it into TC, it is a white background again. What am I missing?

Michael

January 05, 2011, 10:27:04 AM
TurboCAD does not utilize transparencies like Photoshop. You need to use a masked image in TurboCAD.

See tip#12 & 13 and note the parts on masks. http://www.textualcreations.ca/Don_Cheke%27s_TurboCAD_Tips.html

January 05, 2011, 12:01:57 PM
Thanks, Don. I bookmarked your site for later review.  I could have sworn that photos with transparent backgrounds could be loaded into TC complete with transparency. I thought I had done that before. Since that is not the case, I need to bring the TC image to the image in photoshop. That will work, but I was hoping to keep everything in TC. Oh well.....

Michael

January 05, 2011, 01:21:09 PM
Thanks, Don. I bookmarked your site for later review.  I could have sworn that photos with transparent backgrounds could be loaded into TC complete with transparency. I thought I had done that before. Since that is not the case, I need to bring the TC image to the image in photoshop. That will work, but I was hoping to keep everything in TC. Oh well.....

Michael

In the last couple version, maybe 15 or 16, a function was added to export a png out of TurboCAD, specifying which color to choose as transparent. It works marginally okay IMHO.